Why become a member? ×

Modulus Oteil Burbridge 6

Stockholm Syndrome

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='259292' date='Aug 10 2008, 03:04 PM']That looks really nice! Congratulations! It would be great if you could post some sound clips at some point :)[/quote]
I'll try, but I don't really have any equipment to do so with...when I start my music school in late August, I'll try to get something.

BTW, I've had the bass for three years, but I'm new here at BassChat, so, yeah...:huh:

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

Ok, so here are some clips, recorded AT VERY LOW VOLUME through the internal mic on my laptop. The best I could do ATM.

BTW, I can't slap for the life of me, it's just to demonstrate how it sounds. The first three are fingering clips, I just doodle around. The slap clips are a little more consistent.

Amp and bass EQs flat, new Ernie Ball bass Slinkies, nickel.

[quote name='7string' post='259601' date='Aug 10 2008, 11:42 PM']Very cool bass...

You certainly don't see many of them around :)[/quote]
Thanks!

And yes, they are quite rare. I bought it, sight unseen/unheard, just because I was awestruck by the pictures. I couldn't be happier with it. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ultimate 6-string.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='259813' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:29 AM']Thanks!

And yes, they are quite rare. I bought it, sight unseen/unheard, just because I was awestruck by the pictures. I couldn't be happier with it. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ultimate 6-string.[/quote]

I totaly agree with you. Here is a picture of mine.

[attachment=12956:OB1003.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='283785' date='Sep 14 2008, 05:38 PM']Awesome finish!

This is the first time I've seen another OB6 owner!

Have you had the bass refinished, or did it come like that?[/quote]

Original finish, the actual Bass was reviewed in Guitarist magazine a few years back and I bought it from the Bass Centre after the review.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='293625' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:42 PM']that sounds brilliant, i love that tone[/quote]
Thanks mate!

Yeah, you should hear it through a proper rig...

Because this is a 35" scale bass, the strings (which I got for free) were too short, 34", and the bass sounds even better with proper strings. The tapering at the tuner end of the strings were in the nut, which causes poor sustain and rattling.