Why become a member? ×

FS: Ashdown CTM100 SOLD PENDING
£700

Merton

[quote name='ozzy138' timestamp='1423247772' post='2682841']
Just how loud are a 100 watts out of a valve amp?
I've got a Orange terror 500, are they a comparable bit of kit?
[/quote]

In short: Bloody loud! This amp would have more heft than a OT500. In my opinion, of course.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1422554016' post='2674069']
£650 collected or I'll courier within mainland UK at my expense :)
[/quote]

While my brain's out to lunch and my fingers are typing on autopilot...I notice you're in Redhill. Are you far from the station? I'm in Surrey myself (just) and had been wondering whether I might be able to pay you a visit and take it for a test-drive at some point.

[quote name='ozzy138' timestamp='1423247772' post='2682841']

Just how loud are a 100 watts out of a valve amp?

I've got a Orange terror 500, are they a comparable bit of kit?
[/quote]
These are plenty loud. I gig mine in a noisy garage type band with 2 marshalled-up guitars and a loud drummer. I wouldn't be able to totally drown everyone out - but it sits high enough in the mix with a nice bit of snarl from the power section. Sounds ace. No probs so far

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1423332058' post='2683677']
These are plenty loud. I gig mine in a noisy garage type band with 2 marshalled-up guitars and a loud drummer. I wouldn't be able to totally drown everyone out - but it sits high enough in the mix with a nice bit of snarl from the power section. Sounds ace. No probs so far
[/quote]

How would you say it compares volume-wise to the ABM500? This is my current amp and would need to it to be as loud.