Why become a member? ×

Ibanez AFB200 Semi hollow bass with hard case
£230

tredders

Ignore the above price, it's now £200 - see below.

I recently picked this up in a trade, and lovely as it is, I simply don't use it. It's a lovely bass, and condition wise, is immaculate. Previous owner fitted flats on it, and it sounds great and is surprisingly versatile.

Also comes with a new Kinsman hard case, which still has the tags on it.

Details of the bass here: [url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eb_page14.php?year=2014&cat_id=2&series_id=57&data_id=109&color=CL01"]http://www.ibanez.co...=109&color=CL01[/url]

I've shamelessly nicked the pic from the previous owner's listing (hope this is ok), but can take any other pics in the light tomorrow.

These are £380 online, and the Kinsman hard case is £70. I'm looking for [s]£230[/s] £200 collected from j.12 M40, or £215 posted.

Please no trades - I just found out that a friend's daughter's car got broken into today, and all her kids Christmas presents nicked. She doesn't have a lot of money, so I'm listing this for sale, and all proceeds are going straight out to her.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers!

Edited by tredders

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1418673296' post='2632247']
Your friends are lucky to have friends like your good self. Terrible about the theft.

Pat on the back Tredders :)
[/quote]

Believe me, if you'd ever heard me play, you'd realise that me getting rid of a bass is a service to music!

Seriously though, poor kid is distraught, so hopefully I can get this shifted and sort something out...

I'm not looking for another bass but would like to help out a bit here.

Tredders, I can spare a tenner to put towards replacing the stolen pressies so pm me some paypal details.

I was going to start a thread to see if some other folk wanted to help but wasn't sure of etiquette.

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1419050970' post='2636077']
I'm not looking for another bass but would like to help out a bit here.

Tredders, I can spare a tenner to put towards replacing the stolen pressies so pm me some paypal details.

I was going to start a thread to see if some other folk wanted to help but wasn't sure of etiquette.
[/quote]

Big plus one on this. Happy to contribute if you opt to start a thread looking for donations. Can't justify another bass, and that's a beauty, but something similar happened to a friend - the scrotes loaded all the booty into his car and took that too. The break in is stressful enough, but not having anything for the kids at Christmas just amplifies the impact.

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1418671062' post='2632216']
Ignore the above price, it's now £200 - see below.

I recently picked this up in a trade, and lovely as it is, I simply don't use it. It's a lovely bass, and condition wise, is immaculate. Previous owner fitted flats on it, and it sounds great and is surprisingly versatile.

Also comes with a new Kinsman hard case, which still has the tags on it.

Details of the bass here: [url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eb_page14.php?year=2014&cat_id=2&series_id=57&data_id=109&color=CL01"]http://www.ibanez.co...=109&color=CL01[/url]

I've shamelessly nicked the pic from the previous owner's listing (hope this is ok), but can take any other pics in the light tomorrow.

These are £380 online, and the Kinsman hard case is £70. I'm looking for [s]£230[/s] £200 collected from j.12 M40, or £215 posted.

Please no trades - I just found out that a friend's daughter's car got broken into today, and all her kids Christmas presents nicked. She doesn't have a lot of money, so I'm listing this for sale, and all proceeds are going straight out to her.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers!
[/quote]

I don't want the bass, as lovely as it is, but if you set up a justgiving account, or similar, I'd be happy to donate £10 towards replacement presents.
Darren

Guys,

Thanks to everyone who very generously offered money, but I'll decline the kind offers.

I spoke to my friends last week and offered £200 to help replace the stolen gifts and initially they were in the "thanks but we couldn't possibly accept" mindset. I gave them a couple of days to think it over and got back in touch, and they told me that the local community had heard what had happened and rallied round and replaced the toys & food, so it's a happy ending. The kids get Christmas presents and they have a proper family Christmas dinner.

I'm hugely touched that a bunch of people on here offered their own hard earned cash to help out a family they'd never met though. Just proves that there are still good people about and Christmas spirit is alive and well. Sincere thanks.