Why become a member? ×

Need help,a little lost

handman

Hi everyone, stopped playing around 10 year ago but have rediscovered playing the bass, anyway the problem is it's been so long since I have had amp/combo that I just don't what to buy,seem to be all these new make that I have never really heard of before so I'm pretty much clueless as what to by,my budget is around £400 I have seen some class d heads and cab that seem to be in my budget range but I just done know enough, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

For £400 I'd say buy secondhand, that way you'll get something pretty good.
Worth having a look at the amps for sale section on here. I picked up a great Markbass combo for just over £400 on here which is miles better than anything available new for that money.

Give us an idea of music being played, coupled with bass of choice. Of course most amps/basses can do most things but some lend themselves more favourably to specific areas than others, so hit us with the clues and I`m sure many recommendations will follow. I do agree though, 2nd hand is the way to go.

OK music I'm trying to play is mainly soul/r&b,the bass's are a Washburn force four and a 5 string squire jazz.found a mibass 2.0 on the classifies here for £150 seem to be a fair price , don't no much about them but reviews seem OK, now looking for a cab.what do you think ?

[quote name='handman' timestamp='1418289919' post='2628732']
OK music I'm trying to play is mainly soul/r&b,the bass's are a Washburn force four and a 5 string squire jazz.found a mibass 2.0 on the classifies here for £150 seem to be a fair price , don't no much about them but reviews seem OK, now looking for a cab.what do you think ?
[/quote]

From the clip Ki0gon put up I reckon it will handle the music stated nicely. So with £250 left for a cab, well if in a band a 212 or 410 would be a good way to start. A good 210 should suffice, but we`re talking high-end, which you`re unlikely to get for the money available. For £250 you should be able to get a Peavey, Hartke or Ashdown cab which will handle.

But I`d take a look at this cab:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/249068-for-sale-dr-bass-1580-cab-l225-crate-2x10-cab-l75-ashdown-mag-amp-l120/

Still looking for some advice, was going to buy the head but the was a good deal on a peavey Max 112 combo but these are now of stock so it back to the drawing board. So now I've made a new list of potential buys. Mibass 2.0 and mi bass 12 cab,markbass cmd 15 jb ,mi bass 10 combo or a peavey Max 115, what do you guys think would be the best way to go, I will be using this for home practice with a very to doing a bit of jamming with some mate's, would prefer to buy
New to get warranty. Which one ?

Any 2nd hand Trace Elliot. Biggest bargains to be had. The AH series show up on here fairly frequently, sweet flexible clear tone and tonnes of headroom on tap and built to last. Can't go wrong. :)

Edited by 40hz