Why become a member? ×

Music Shops in London?

Shaun

[quote name='jerseytrev' post='263418' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:29 PM']never got to go in the gallery,went that way but saw shutters down looked run down so did not try .have read there is a security lock to get in ,but will try next time i am in london probably dec. seems i missed a great place . :)[/quote]

Yeah, i turned around twice in the past thinking it was shut. I can understand why they do it.
you just need to press the buzzer.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='263433' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:54 PM']Yeah, i turnd around twice in the past thinking it was shut. I can understand why they do it.
you just need ot press the buzzer.[/quote]

Best bass shop in London by a country mile.

[quote name='Stag' post='261083' date='Aug 12 2008, 07:04 PM']Well, mission accomplished for me today. I now have a nice 1972 Gibson Les Paul Bass and was treated very nicely in everywhere. Well, except the Bass Cellar who didnt even speak to me or anything while I was in there browsing, but they didnt treat me in any way to be honest! But hey ho, im happy at the end of the day, got what I wanted in a different shop with a bit of haggling.[/quote]

Nice one matey.

Do you have any pics?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='257138' date='Aug 7 2008, 12:49 PM']Well I'll be damned I thought it was Rockers but I bought a soft case from there for my Squire and it says "Rokas" on the front, it was one of there own brand ones maybe the embroiders got it wrong.[/quote]

Late and prob of no interest by now, but it used to be called Rokas years ago. Then it got bought and the new guys changed the name to Rockers. It always used to be pronounced 'Roa-kers' (even by the staff), but I suspect it was originally a wordplay and meant to be pronounced as...errrr....Rockers.

Oh FFS, I'm sorry, it's the sort of thing keeps [i]me[/i] awake at nights. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='263571' date='Aug 16 2008, 12:47 PM']Late and prob of no interest by now, but it used to be called Rokas years ago. Then it got bought and the new guys changed the name to Rockers. It always used to be pronounced 'Roa-kers' (even by the staff), but I suspect it was originally a wordplay and meant to be pronounced as...errrr....Rockers.

Oh FFS, I'm sorry, it's the sort of thing keeps [i]me[/i] awake at nights. :)[/quote]

yeah, i always remember it as Rokas. Hadn't even noticed the name change. Other than picks Ive not brought anything in that shop but it always seems busy and there always seems to be a heavy metal riff or parrot fasion solo emanating from there when i walk past.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='263580' date='Aug 16 2008, 01:08 PM']yeah, i always remember it as Rokas. Hadn't even noticed the name change. Other than picks Ive not brought anything in that shop but it always seems busy and there always seems to be a heavy metal riff or parrot fasion solo emanating from there when i walk past.[/quote]

But there's a fairly helpful luthier in the cellar. Didn't have a part in stock, but explained how to bodge one, to save me money. Good bloke.

Have to do The Gallery!

Great gear,great guys and great prices if you know what you are looking for.

My wife "enjoyed" half a day in The Gallery whilst I tried every amp and cab combination in the shop before settling on my current set up!

Mark

[quote name='jerseytrev' post='263543' date='Aug 16 2008, 11:50 AM']glad i am not the only one to that did that .my wife was in fits at the bass centre site ,and the gallery saga was the icing on the cake . weird sense of humour women have :)
so next visit to london ,the gallery is top of the list :huh:[/quote]