Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ibanez SRF700 Portamento Fretless - Immaculate - £425
£475

basskit_case

Selling this fine example of the Ibanez SRF700 fretless bass, excellent condition, still has the covers on the pickups. Only purchased it at the end of October.

The SRF700 is listed as the nearest you can get to a Double Bass in an electronic fretless bass. This is due to the Piezo based Aero Silk system.

There is a great review of the SRF700 [url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2014/04/10/gear-review-ibanez-srf700-portamento-fretless-bass/"]here[/url] with a detailed review of the tone shaping possibilities of the Piezo pickups under the bridge and the Bartolini active pickups.

The neck is unlined on the face, which really looks great, but there are lines on the top edge to help aid navigation, there are 30 frets, which I understand matches the number of frets on a typical double bass.

The tone shaping is aided by the fact that you can set the level of the Piezo's separately for each string on the back of the bass, on the front of the bass there is pickup selection, tone and volume for the Bartolini pickups and volume and treble controls for the Piezo's.

This is the best video of have found on youtube of the Portamento bass, more playing and less talking!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iGvtzBrVM&spfreload=10"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iGvtzBrVM[/url]

The bass is in showroom condition, like new, had no more than 30 minutes worth of playing time from me at most, only selling as I am not playing as much as I used to, life is keeping me away from playing and I want to reduce the number of basses I have to reflect this.

[s]Looking for £475 delivered, bass will be very well packaged.[/s]
[size=6][b]Looking for £425 delivered, bass will be very well packaged.[/b][/size]

[size=5][b][/b][/size]

Edited by basskit_case

That IS lovely - I'm after a fretless but sadly it is a) too much for me at this time and B) has no lines on which I am gonna need ... so maybe I think the SR370F is more my level at present. I have an SR500 fretted ...

Best of luck with it though - it's a great price you're offering it at. It looks a cracker ,,,

Everything went wrong today and I never had the chance to get into the shop to try one, I have not played a fretless properly before, I am now using an Ibanez SR1200 and love it, can I assume it is easy to go from fretted to fretless or are there things that you need to adjust in your playing, I am interested in your bass so will give it some thought and get back to you as soon as I can.
If I decide to buy would you take payment by Paypal and does the bass come with a case or gig bag ?

Cheers

Graham

I play one of these and have to say it is a very very capable Bass with a great neck and sound range. I Seriously doubt there is a better Fretless around today for the money.

As for no markings I honestly would not worry about the lack of fretlines as there are top markers and you will soon get to grips with it. I have found that when people look down at the neck for positioning they actually glance at where the fret is along the top and not the face of the fretboard anyway so the markers are more than adequate.