Why become a member? ×

For Sale Yamaha Nathan East Bass (Sorry :-)

bkman42

Hi, First off sorry if i sent out the wrong vibe regarding this bass (I had really no idea of the second hand value of the bass) and yes i was wrong not to update my original posting but really was shocked to see the interest! Would have been and still am happy to take £800 the thing was I was hit with many e-mails regarding the bass from the good people here at Basschat and elsewhere all offering £800! This sale is in no way Greed motivated.

Sorry goes out to "trevthebass" but can i point out buyers should not "be aware"

As a result of the negative feedback think i will just put bass in its case and leave it at that.

Sorry again and thanks for all the mail regarding the bass :-)

Many thanks everyone :-)

tbh, whether the bass is worth £900 or not, listing it at £800 and adding £100 on because lots of people wanted to buy it IS greed im afraid, unless someone advised you to raise your price which would be acceptable, but just raising the price to see how much you could get is greed, if you wanted to sell at £800 you should have just sold it to the first person who offered IMO

Edited by BassManKev

As mentioned before bass in now back in case and returned to storage before i get prodded with anymore sharp sticks :-)
Bit hard to let a bass go when you get e-mails saying £800 is a very low price. Need to do my homework next time round :-)

Sorry everyone

Cheers

[quote name='BassManKev' post='256703' date='Aug 6 2008, 08:47 PM']tbh, whether the bass is worth £900 or not, listing it at £800 and adding £100 on because lots of people wanted to buy it IS greed im afraid, unless someone advised you to raise your price which would be acceptable, but just raising the price to see how much you could get is greed, if you wanted to sell at £800 you should have just sold it to the first person who offered IMO[/quote]

[quote name='BassManKev' post='256703' date='Aug 6 2008, 08:47 PM']tbh, whether the bass is worth £900 or not, listing it at £800 and adding £100 on because lots of people wanted to buy it IS greed im afraid, unless someone advised you to raise your price which would be acceptable, but just raising the price to see how much you could get is greed, if you wanted to sell at £800 you should have just sold it to the first person who offered IMO[/quote]

Blimey. I'm in full agreement with BassManKev. Death of internet predicted etc.

Meh no side is better than t'other really. Are bargain hunters who happily buy things from sellers who are unaware of an item's value any less greedy than that of a seller who raises his price due to high demand?

Meh. I can understand the annoyance though.

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='256738' date='Aug 6 2008, 09:29 PM']Tee hee, especially when some elementary research reveals what it was bought for :)

It's worth what it gets at the end of the day.[/quote]

:huh:

Very cryptic????

Lovely bass though!

Yeh - I must admit I did gather quite quickly it was "offers over 800". I guess that's ok, but it would have been politic to be quite clear about that. It is a bit more usual to pitch in high and ask for (lower) offers. I wouldn't go in a sulk about it, I just think there was some confusion. Put it back up and say "best offer over £900 or whatever". Still sounds reasonable to me :-)

[quote name='bkman42' post='254694' date='Aug 4 2008, 05:27 PM']Anyone fancy a Yamaha Nathan East BBII 5 string Bass finished in stunning white. [b]Looking for £800[/b] which i think is a fair price. E-mail me if you wish more info and photos. I am basd in the UK. Bass comes with hard case.

Holiday to pay for so rushed sale haha[/quote]
i don't understand what confusion there was tbh, he was asking for £800, not even offers around, just a straight up price of £800

unless iv missed something?