Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Jazz - Traded!

molan

OK - so I may be tempted to part with this again as I've now taken the 'leap' up to 5 strings and my various 4 stringers aren't being played at all and it seems a shame to have such a stunning bass not being used more often.

I'm not desperate to sell but thought I'd stick a feeler out to see if anyone might be interested in it. Could be up for a PX for a 5 string - particularly a Sadowsky but I do have my eyes on something already so would need to be a bit special to tempt me.

It's a '95 genuine NYC Sadowsky in superb condition with usual Sadowsky electronics and a D-Tuner. Sounds amazing and lovely to play - as well as look at :)

A genuine NYC with a special finish for the price of a new Metro?

[i][b]More pics added in post 31[/b][/i]

Edited by molan

[quote name='Mike' post='253339' date='Aug 2 2008, 03:18 PM']Superb looking beastie. How about a Ken Smith BT-6, 1990 model?[/quote]

I think that's about 2 strings too many for me, I had a Sei 5 for a while but decided 4 strings were enough for my limited playing ability :) :huh:

• 5 months later...

I had the pleasure of owning this bass for a brief period. It is a great bass, great modern tones and looks amazing in the flesh, also it is pretty damn light as well.

And of course, Barrie = Legend. End of.

[quote name='Josh' post='382750' date='Jan 16 2009, 07:25 PM']I had the pleasure of owning this bass for a brief period. It is a great bass, great modern tones and looks amazing in the flesh, also it is pretty damn light as well.

And of course, Barrie = Legend. End of.[/quote]

You are too kind Mr D :P

I may just have to go and play it now to remind myself of how nice it is.

I've just lugged my old Ampeg cab in from the garage so could be a good time to audition it ;)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='382792' date='Jan 16 2009, 08:26 PM']ive gotta say this is very very tempting!!

once my cheque clears im gonna be a dangerous man!!

;)[/quote]

I wondered if you might be back Chris :P

How's the Trace?

It's a pity I didn't like the colour of this instrument, because I played it at Barrie's house last weekend & it's a scorching bass. Everything they say about these is true. It's how you always wanted a jazz to feel, sound & respond, but Fender could never manage to make for you!

Best of luck with the sale, mate!

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='382857' date='Jan 16 2009, 10:30 PM']It's a pity I didn't like the colour of this instrument[/quote]

Please bear in mind that Rich is a jazzer and thus has no taste in terms of colour choice ;)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='382857' date='Jan 16 2009, 10:30 PM']it's a scorching bass. Everything they say about these is true. It's how you always wanted a jazz to feel, sound & respond, but Fender could never manage to make for you![/quote]

But obviously he knows his stuff when it comes to bass quality in terms of plability & sound :P :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='382814' date='Jan 16 2009, 09:12 PM']I wondered if you might be back Chris ;)

How's the Trace?[/quote]

The trace pre is fantastic thanks! i recorded bass on The Secret Handshake's latest album with it (Texas based electro band, check them out on myspace!) and they seemed really pleased with the results!

The cheque im getting from this album could almost buy this bass!! man i hope it turns up in the post soon! :P

certainly looks like a cracking bass!!

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='382903' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:17 PM']The trace pre is fantastic thanks! i recorded bass on The Secret Handshake's latest album with it (Texas based electro band, check them out on myspace!) and they seemed really pleased with the results!

The cheque im getting from this album could almost buy this bass!! man i hope it turns up in the post soon! :P

certainly looks like a cracking bass!!

:)[/quote]

Both Josh & Rich have played it recently so they are the best sources of independent views if you want to get some thoughts on it :huh:

Josh had it for a few months on a part trade we did - I'm blaming him for getting me into 5 stringers!

I'll chack the recorded stuff when I have some decent speakers - on a laptop without headphones at the moment ;)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='382917' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:39 PM']Both Josh & Rich have played it recently so they are the best sources of independent views if you want to get some thoughts on it :P

Josh had it for a few months on a part trade we did - I'm blaming him for getting me into 5 stringers!

I'll chack the recorded stuff when I have some decent speakers - on a laptop without headphones at the moment ;)[/quote]

cool i might have a chat with them at some point then!

the track i recorded wont be out till spring but whats on his myspace gives you the idea of the style and popularity of his stuff!

:)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='382923' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:52 PM']Lovely bass! What is so great about 5 stings?[/quote]

They mean my fingers don't fall off the fretboard when the singer decides to drop a full tone just after we've learnt to play the damn thing ;)

Obviously I could de-tune and/or use more than one bass but if I've already learned the core set in one tuning, and some songs are using lots of open strings, then de-tuning is a pain in the butt.

I know where you are coming from. Fortunately my singer is also the guitarist so he has a detuned guitar so when he swaps guitar I swap bass. But cos my detuned bass is a fretless, when he suddenly decides to detune something I dont usually fretless and I sing BV's so I cant concentrate on the playing there have been out of tune moments :wub:

Just ordered another fretted that I can detune but I have just had a Doh! moment. I could have detuned the fretted as well. Playing up 2 is a lot easier than playing down 2, cos like you say you can run out of frets.

I have got a bass that I have tuned BEAD but sorry to say I have not practiced enough with it!

Edited by bass_ferret