Why become a member? ×

£2300?!!!?! Dingwall Z3 feeler. (Stingray part ex?)
£3200

JazzBassfreak

So this one has been on the forum a few times,
It's been previously owned by CPbass and Eevespete.

This is an absurdly fantastic bass. It just thunders. However I could use the funds BUT am open to offers and trades. If people know me well they'll know I'm a big Musicman fan (prefer matching headstocks), aswell as other Dingwalls interest me.

So this is a cracker of a Z3;
Wenge neck
Maple stringer running between fretboard and neck
Inlayed maple side dots and fret markers
X grade Bubinga top with matching headstock
Quilt maple cap
Wenge cap
Alder body
Hipshot tuners+D tuner on the B.
Electronics wise I (think) Glockenklang.
Dingwall pups.
Novax fanned fret system.

Absolute fine instrument and it's really a feeler to get rid of this because I love it so much.

Cheers!
JBF

Edited by JazzBassfreak

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1410704197' post='2552089']
Played this bass when I was down there a few weeks back. fantastic bass and if he took souls as payment I would have it by now!
[/quote]

I do take souls, although they need to be the souls of innocents and not sinners like you ;) You already have my beautiful AB1!! (How is she by the way?) I'm not intent on letting the Z3 go, I love this bass. Just a feeler ;) But if another Dingwall Z3 comes along that catches my eye, or MAYBE a special sort of Musicman and a nice amount of cash I may be swayed ;)

Edited by JazzBassfreak

This is my idea of a perfect bass.
If it was considerably cheaper it would be even more ideal and I'd be all over it.

That said, I will continue to covet and wait until I retire to be able to afford one.

If I owned this I wouldn't even be considering a feeler they are just so good.
Good luck JBF

Edited by bassman344

I am so happy I am not ten years younger and don't like being in debt or my GAS would have made me do very silly things..... Probably the bass I crave for most at the moment but I really cannot justify buying one. With the wenge neck too.....

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1410803372' post='2553371']
I am so happy I am not ten years younger and don't like being in debt or my GAS would have made me do very silly things..... Probably the bass I crave for most at the moment but I really cannot justify buying one. With the wenge neck too.....
[/quote]

Trust me when I say that Wenge is so underused as a neck wood, it's absolutely fantastic, aswell as the use of quilt maple seperating the fingerboard from the neck and the inlayed maple side dots and fret markers, honestly it's such a beautifully crafted bass and sounds out of this world, everything from P bass to 3 pickup thunderous face melting machine.

Edited by JazzBassfreak

Awesome :) I'm still not sold on the Z body shape, but the woods are stunning and the neck is the slimmest fiver neck I ever recall playing :)

Out of interest bud, why would you consider parting with this for another Z3?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1410856418' post='2553804']
Awesome :) I'm still not sold on the Z body shape, but the woods are stunning and the neck is the slimmest fiver neck I ever recall playing :)

Out of interest bud, why would you consider parting with this for another Z3?
[/quote]

If it takes my fancy yeah! :)

[quote name='bassplayerpt' timestamp='1411483324' post='2559922']
I repeat my trade offer with my Sadowsky NYC Mastergrade 4
[/quote]

Now you're really tempting me, it's such a risk to ship though man, I'd really rather not! I'd like to have comfort in knowing it would get to you without a bump or scratch!

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1411572134' post='2560790']

Give in to your bassist instincts :P
[/quote]

My bassist instincts are saying 'buy' cuz I really want one of these.

My matrimonial restraint is saying, 'eh wise up....!'

😬

Edited by bassman344