Why become a member? ×

Thomann Decorative Bass

kodiakblair

Last week in the comments the Thomann non playing basses got mentioned. The reason given was they were damaged stock that
were un-sellable. With interest piqued I took a look, being not really interested in acoustic basses the JB-75 caught my attention.

44 euro was the asking price and with a 10 euro voucher to use it was ordered Friday night,arrived today so £35 and 2.5 working days
to get here no complaints. I figured it was worth it for parts alone, Wikinson hardware and pickups and D'Addario strings.

So out the box I scanned it for faults but couldn't spot any bar 2 tiny Ds stamped on the neck and body,this will be for damaged or
decoration,but quite hard to see being at the heel and on the black of the sunburst.

Must be a problem with the neck for electrics. Nope plugged in everything works grand and sounds good,not a huge variation in tones
but acceptable. So what rendered it unplayable ! Sharp frets down one side, that was all. I've been a joiner for 30 years so if it cut my
hand they'd be razor sharp, they're not but enough to snag your hand when going up and down the neck. Nothing a quick fret dress
didn't cure.

Now I know I got lucky,can't hope that every one sold as unplayable will have as minor a fault, but I'm mighty pleased. Then the day got better
there was no room left in the racks so off to Argos for a stand,handed over the nectar card and the girl say " You've enough points to pay for this "

Result good solid bass and a stand £35 all in . Yeah I'm smiling and the sun's out too.
[attachment=171378:Jazz Bass (1).jpg][attachment=171379:Jazz Bass (4).jpg]

[size=3][quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1410363529' post='2548588'][/size]
[size=3]Last week in the comments the Thomann non playing basses got mentioned...[/size]
[size=3][/quote][/size]

You've been 'had'. It's a 'lefty'..! :mellow:

[size=4]([i]Quite an obvious fault for the experienced buyer, but I can understand [/i][/size][i]ow a beginner could make the mistake. You'll know better next time[/i][size=3]... [/size] :lol: :P [size=3])[/size]

Edited by Dad3353

York5Stringer

Livingroom is 13' by 11', bass accounts for 10' 6" by 2'. Think of the savings made on no furniture :) I recently found a source for
horizontal wall hangers in Singapore, I'm doomed.

AT

Thomann say " [color=#444444] Decoration without warranty, without money back " on the receipt then have the usual returns policy in t&c. I take this to meanu [/color][color=#444444]14 days as per Euro law on DSR, but no 30 days no question normally offered by Thomann. I bought more out of curiosity, didn't think basses got scrapped over some long frets.[/color]

[color=#444444]Gafbass[/color]

[color=#444444] [/color][color=#444444]You buying dinner then ;)[/color]