Why become a member? ×

NBD Fender Std P

Deedee

Well I had a rehearsal last night with the black and maple American Std Precision I collected on Sunday from Pestie. What can I say............

An awesome bass, full, thick and powerful tone which sounds amazing through my GB Streamliner. The bass has an extremely low action but with absolutely no buzzes, it plays like a dream.

Does exactly what I wanted it to, namely plug and play with instant classic tone.

Very happy boy 😜

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1409662986' post='2541952']
Well I had a rehearsal last night with the black and maple American Std Precision I collected on Sunday from Pestie. What can I say............

An awesome bass, full, thick and powerful tone which sounds amazing through my GB Streamliner. The bass has an extremely low action but with absolutely no buzzes, it plays like a dream.

Does exactly what I wanted it to, namely plug and play with instant classic tone.

Very happy boy
[/quote]

woohoo! it's a superb bass matey :)

Black/black/maple, yeah! Just got myself a 2008 MIM Std P in this colour scheme as backup to my `78. The MIM is a great bass, I`ve now had a few of the MIMs and the 2008 onwards are a real step up in quality. I knwo we all say it, but this one ain`t going nowhere.

Ahhh.... P basses are the benchmark of great basses in my mind.

I've recently got the jazz bass bug, but i've got a couple of USA P basses from over the years which are still my main squeezes.

They just sound, feel and look so right.

Ironically, my P Bass sound by itself isn't anything astonishing, but turned up loud and slotting in with a band, its a really full, fat, commanding bass tone which is perfect for me. If you can't do it on a P bass, you're not doing it right...

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1409670415' post='2542044']
Ahhh.... P basses are the benchmark of great basses in my mind.

I've recently got the jazz bass bug, but i've got a couple of USA P basses from over the years which are still my main squeezes.

They just sound, feel and look so right.

Ironically, my P Bass sound by itself isn't anything astonishing, but turned up loud and slotting in with a band, its a really full, fat, commanding bass tone which is perfect for me. If you can't do it on a P bass, you're not doing it right...
[/quote]

Exactly !

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1409664358' post='2541971']

woohoo! it's a superb bass matey :)
[/quote]

It certainly is. Did this used to be yours? If it did I'm just trying to find out what strings are on it as they suit it so well. I'd hate to change anything about it when it comes to string change time :-/

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1409690710' post='2542359']
It certainly is. Did this used to be yours? If it did I'm just trying to find out what strings are on it as they suit it so well. I'd hate to change anything about it when it comes to string change time :-/
[/quote]

it did indeed matey, superb bass! Only sold as i got a '78 p...
if it's still got flats on it yes it was me that put them on and they're labella 45-105 flats, superb strings imho and they do suit my perfect p bass sound :) you should be fine with those for a few years yet if you like 'em matey ;)

Edited by andydye

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1409690856' post='2542362']

if it's still got flats on it yes it was me that put them on and they're labella 45-105 flats, superb strings imho and they do suit my perfect p bass sound :) you should be fine with those for a few years yet if you like 'em matey ;)
[/quote]

Hmm.... Cheers for that, but the strings that are on now are roundwounds :-/

Perhaps I'll have a look at some la bellas though when the time comes as they're so highly recommended.

Cheers

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1409691953' post='2542386']
Hmm.... Cheers for that, but the strings that are on now are roundwounds :-/

Perhaps I'll have a look at some la bellas though when the time comes as they're so highly recommended.

Cheers
[/quote]

pestie must've put 'em on matey

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1409690856' post='2542362']
[/quote]

It was indeed a great bass, I had it for a while and played/sounded fantastic.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1409695499' post='2542452']

It was indeed a great bass, I had it for a while and played/sounded fantastic.
[/quote]

Feeling a lotta a love for it. Pestie said it had a good pedigree 😉

I'm happy as a pig in the proverbial !