Why become a member? ×

Bass Doubt

Markolinni

Hello everyone,

I have a 06'G&L L2500 tribute and a 98' ATK 305 Japanese as my basses, and play throught a streamliner 600 + 2x 112 GB Focus cabs.

My question is that i have a curiosity/ tempted to sell both basses and trade for a Lakland 55.02, but have the doubt if i will like/ if i will do a possible correct trade or will regret later.

Can you guys give me some opinion about it, who it sound, will do a good trade, or will it sound good in my amp.
I know this could be a ridiciuluss topic, but here in Portugal is very hard to try different gear and basses thats why i normally read a lot and try to listen on youtube (it was how i discover and bought the STM + cabs, but a shot in the dark).

Thanks and regards
Marco

Edited by Markolinni

Sounds like GAS buddy... Its a side effect of being a member of BC.

The feeling that we have to change our gear for something better, even though what we have serves us perfectly well.... Having said that, the marketplace is a great place to chop and change your setup, just be careful you don't get rid of something you'll regret and can't get back later.

Anyway I can't talk, I swap my stuff around almost weekly :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1408524826' post='2530942']
Sounds like GAS buddy... Its a side effect of being a member of BC.

The feeling that we have to change our gear for something better, even though what we have serves us perfectly well.... Having said that, the marketplace is a great place to chop and change your setup, just be careful you don't get rid of something you'll regret and can't get back later.

Anyway I can't talk, I swap my stuff around almost weekly :blink:
[/quote]

Ha this is so bang on the money it's unreal! My first ever electric bass was an American Fender Jazz Bass my dad bought me 20 years ago. I sold it and have been through 50 plus basses since. About 4 years ago I bought an American Fender Jazz Bass and I'm extremely happy with it. So, I'm right back where I started.

Hello all,
Thank you for your inputs.
Yes, i believe i'm passing throught a GAS temporarilly.
In this moment i use 96% the GL, and the ATK appear from a trade i wasn't waiting, but did like it. Now the other side is that the ATK is becoming more rare, so possiblie will be like an investment to the future. :S
The other hand, with the GL i have it for 8 years and its like my all time buddy, so there exist a emotional sentiment associated.

To seel both, i will have to get more +- 500euros to get a 55-02 new, witch is a lot for me...

I guess, i will try to resist to this.. BAHH

[quote name='Markolinni' timestamp='1408550021' post='2531288']
Nothing wrong. on the contrary.. i think its simply a GAS sindrome.. hope to pass soon ;)
[/quote]

We've all been there pal.....I feel your pain. For the record it will only pass when you get the Lakland. 2 weeks later, you'll be gassing for something else. Only cure is to develop a serious interest in motorbikes. Worked for me. Trouble is I'm now gassing for a new bike - much more expensive than a bass. On second thoughts, don't develop a serious interest in motorbikes!