Why become a member? ×

Listening to the same music >50 years later!

KiOgon

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1408396875' post='2529859']
I have this weird vision where some day there will be old folks homes where 85 and 90 year olds will sit around and reminisce about the good old days with Cradle of filth, Megadeath and Snoop dog :blink:
[/quote]

That would be some singsong after the bingo wouldnt it ?

I, m quite lucky in the fact that , I greatly enjoy 80s hair metal , and there is a minor resurgence of bands from scandinavia etc, like reckless love, crazy lixx, crash diet, veins of jenna , I also found a great australian aor band called white widdow. Other european and scandinavian bands are also turning out great metal in the melodic death, symphonic and power metal genres

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1408917723' post='2534641']
Usually when you look at old singles charts its surprising how much crap you had forgotten. But actually the charst for 50 years ago this week aint so bad.

[url="http://www.officialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/1/1964-08-22/"]http://www.officialc..._/1/1964-08-22/[/url]
[/quote]

:o[size=4] There's not much in there that I'll be listening to (again...) any time soon. Most are candidates for brain soap, if I'm honest. Still, whatever floats etc...[/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1408644664' post='2532204']
What is it with the Hitler Youth hair cuts? They make kids look like evangelical Mormons. That can't be right!!
[/quote]

I believe they would tell you they're "doing it ironically, yah?"
Which, ignoring the woeful misinterpretation of the concept of irony in the first place, makes you wonder: surely it stops being "ironic" if you look like that [i]every chuffing day?[/i]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1408920706' post='2534670']
:o[size=4] There's not much in there that I'll be listening to (again...) any time soon. Most are candidates for brain soap, if I'm honest. Still, whatever floats etc...[/size]
[/quote]

Look at some others from roughly the same era, 4 or 5 classics out of 20 in the same week - even though I wouldnt listen to em now - is good going. Back then records were still being bought by people over 40, hence Batchelors in the same chart as The Kinks and The Stones. I thought the Baron Knights were funny, but then I was only 11.

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1409049484' post='2535731']
Look at some others from roughly the same era, 4 or 5 classics out of 20 in the same week - even though I wouldnt listen to em now - is good going. Back then records were still being bought by people over 40, hence Batchelors in the same chart as The Kinks and The Stones. I thought the Baron Knights were funny, but then I was only 11.
[/quote]

Long ago, outside a chip shop in Walthamstow............
There's a dentist in Birmingham............
Where are you all coming from? We're from Dartmoor , on the run................
The Barron Nights used to crease me up, jolly fun :D

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1408444814' post='2530135']
A friend of mine has started buying vinyl again.
I gave him a lot of albums /12" I had which I cannot see myself listening to again .
These include ; the groundhogs/ atomic rooster/ ted nugent / hawkwind.
I purchased the deluxe cd box set of hawkwind
Warrior on the edge of time at Christmas .
Tbh , after a few plays I lost the will to listen to it anymore. This being arguably their best album.

I feel that by listening ( and seeing) rammstein opeth etc I'm still not out of touch with what's going on.
I do regret discarding my 7" chart singles in'79 when I first started going to gigs and becoming a headbanger . Having said that I've still got Abbas greatest hits. Gotta get the very early albums now.
As we get older our minds get more mature and we are open to whatever rocks our boat.
Just waiting for the new rammstein /Metallica / tangerine dream /rush ;)
[/quote]

Hawkwind are releasing Sonic Attack with Brian Blessed on 1/9/14, cool video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8pGS4cWbHo

Edited by wotsy