Why become a member? ×

Status?

Ain't a Washburn. Washburns used hardware that was the same, or similar looking, to "real" Statii.

On the other hand, this is actually the same bass as the Hohner Jack, or even Hohner's licensed Steinberger copy, only with Status-y body wings. It's even got the "licensed by Steinberger" tuners/tailpiece.

The Hohners were made by Cort, so it's my speculation that it's a Cort Status copy, possibly a prototype or something never imported to the UK.

If he'd post it - and if I wasn't skint - I might well be bidding, quite fancy a lined fretless headless with a body!

Jon.

Listing now amended.

There is one considerable omission he's made in the title and description. It's rather obvious when you look at the pictures (except for the very last one, of course) that it's a headless. However, if you do a search for "headless" in titles and descriptions, as I do every few days, it doesn't appear. It's not the only time I've seen this - don't sellers realise that people do text searches for terms like "fretless" or "headless"?

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1407593416' post='2522139']
MB1.
Looks like a hohner jack made to look like a Washburn Status copy?
[/quote]
I wondered about that but I don't think so, mostly because Cort made several weird & wonderful headlesses with this hardware, most of which never made it to the UK. This would fit right in alongside the headless Flying V, through-neck P/J Steiny copy & 2-tone headless Precision!

J.