Why become a member? ×

Death From Above 1979 - New Single

Byo

Hi guys,

Just saw on DFA1979´s FB page that they have just released a new single (new album out soon).

Here´s the Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBYHrw9_ys

For those who don´t know, DFA1979 are a bass + drums only band (no geektards).

They are a good alternative to Royal Blood (who I also enjoy listening to), who are more harder and "stoner" (QOTSA) oriented.

Cheers,

Byron.

Great! I knew they were back together and working on new material but didn't know it was ready for release - that single's a bit 'cleaner' than their previous work but I still like it. Hoping the album will be equal to their first.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1404916650' post='2496964']
I still think they are well in front of Royal Blood. I think Royal Blood have peaked in the media/festivals too quick and the hype has ruined it.
[/quote]

Not to mention DFA are actually good :P

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1405254284' post='2500074']
Love it - and they've announced some UK dates, too, so this should be a good year!
[/quote]

Read my rant in daily annoyances, Manchester gig sold out instantly and 2 days later people already advertising tickets for 5 times the face value :(

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1405254384' post='2500080']
Read my rant in daily annoyances, Manchester gig sold out instantly and 2 days later people already advertising tickets for 5 times the face value :(
[/quote]

I tried to get tickets an hour after they went up, sold out. Can't believe they're playing Gorilla. Hopefully they'll take the hint and move it to a bigger venue.