Why become a member? ×

Now Withdrawn - Custom Order Warwick Corvette $$ Special Edition. No 41/42 Zebrano Matched Headstock
£950

bagsieblue

[size=4] [color=#333333][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][b]- Warwick Corvette Special Edition Bass Guitar $$ Double Buck Zebrano.[/b][/font][/color]
[b][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][color=#333333]This is number 41 of a Limited Edition Run of 42.[/color][/font][/color][/b][/size]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Like a naughty boy - I've bought something I shouldn't have recently so offering this up for sale.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2009 Limited Edition Warwick Bass In Great Condition. Complete with all documentation and paperwork.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]German made - [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Dates from 2009 so has the slimmer neck profile (Non baseball bat profile)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Any trial / inspection is welcome - I'm in Chorley, Lancs,

The Warwick Custom Shop developed this Corvette $$ Special Edition with a Zebrano top as a variant to the standard model. The striking visuals are enhanced by a matched headstock.

Zebrano, a wood with characteristic grain that comes from West Africa, is known for providing strong mids in the instrument's tone. The MM-style humbuckers by MEC are responsible for a powerful and versatile tone transformation, which is possible thanks to a flexible switch system: both pickups are independently available in series, parallel or as single coils.

Each model comes with 2-band electronics by MEC. As is the case with all Corvette models, the Corvette $$ Special Edition UK comes with an ergonomically shaped body. Black hardware gives the instrument its noble note.

Each bass of this Special Edition bears the "Warwick Special Edition" laser engraving on the headstock's backside and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Only 10 SE LTD UK Zebranos were sold into the UK.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Features:[/b][/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]CO Corvette $$ 4 String[/b][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]Natural Oil Finish[/b][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]Swamp Ash / Vebrano Top Half Body[/b][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]Ovangkol / Matched Headstock Neck[/b][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]24 frets
Passive MEC MM-style humbuckers with large open pole pieces, coil switching for each pickup: serial, parallel and single coil
Active MEC 2-way electronics
Warwick machine heads
Warwick 2-piece bridge
Black hardware[/b][/size][/font]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Pics here:[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by bagsieblue

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1404939623' post='2497251']
Does it have a case or bag?

If i manage to convince someone to take my LX Jazzman, i may take this!
[/quote]

Yes - it comes with the Deluxe Warwick Gigbag, issued at birth with the bass.
Also has the Owners Manual, Ltd Edition Paperwork etc.

The parallel/series switching on the $$ is simply the best thing about them, they go from being what should be a very in your face bass to a much more subtle machine.

I found on mine that leaving the switches in the middle which makes them run as single coils then balanced together just sounds ridiculously good.

Yep - loads of tonal options on this - for anyone wondering the 3 way pickup selector options gives options of - Series / Single Coil / Humbucking , for each of the two pickups and all the permutations of this.

Thanks, unfortunately I'm needing to reduce my collection.

More blurb here...
Even though it cosmetically resembles other Corvette models, the Double $$ gets its outrageous attitude and powerful identity from its unique pickup and electronics package. There are two passive MEC humbuckers nestled closely in the center of the body, completely covering the legendary sweet-spot that so many basses miss completely. But this bruiser has a sensitive side too, which can be accessed via the two mini 3-way switches that allow you to coil tap each humbucker in a variety if ways (hum canceling parallel/series, single coil). To give the Double $$ more flexibility, the passive pickups are matched to a MEC 2-band preamp, making this behemoth a true passive/active hybrid bass – the best of both world.

'pipdan'
Nice it is and shot I would be, however... what's your bottom line on price? I have a spare hanger somewhere :)

MB1.
Any bartering/ pricing enquiry needs to be done by PM with the seller.

[quote name='pipdan' timestamp='1405465544' post='2502245']
Nice it is and shot I would be, however... what's your bottom line on price? I have a spare hanger somewhere :)
[/quote]
[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1405467817' post='2502256']
'pipdan'

MB1.
Any bartering/ pricing enquiry needs to be done by PM with the seller.
[/quote]

pipdan - I have sent you a private message.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1406057825' post='2507954']
Thought so but it's worth checking! No maple neck = big plus point for me ;)

What kind of weight is she?
[/quote]

She's coming out at approx 9.75lbs on my scales....

• 2 weeks later...