Why become a member? ×

eBay Scammers.

JazzBassfreak

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1404067408' post='2488962']

The date a member joined ebay is clear for all to see. It has nothing to do with what i said about requesting the sellers contact details. If you request the sellers contact details from ebay they will send you their address and phone number and vice versa that's why i asked if you had actually requested these details and not just emailed them through ebay.
[/quote]

Again, he has no phone number signed with eBay. Why would I want his address?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1404312654' post='2491489']
Suspicious enough for me! If he's ignoring messages thats grounds for a dispute, I wouldn't waste any more of your time buddy. Get that money back and give it to someone who deserves it!
[/quote]

Yup. I was discussing with the Mrs earlier, it's kinda obvious that the guy hasn't sent it. Or if he has it's lost. It's 2 weeks Friday from when it was dispatched which is ridiculas

I think I'm going to stop buying off eBay. A couple of things recently haven't been as I'd hope they were from the description and the photos.

Today I received a pair of jeans that I won last week, nice looking jeans except for the bleach mark on the back of them. I emailed the seller and this is his reply -

[b]Dear ianhoward,[/b]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi Ian sorry that you are not happy with jeans they were bought with mark on them I questioned it at the time and was assured that the mark was there to show that the red label 501s were a limited edition they were pretty expensive at the time so that reassured me but the fact remains that you are unhappy so what would you like me to do about the problem sorry I did not put it on the description but as it had always been there I did not think that it was a problem look forward to your comments hopefully we can resolve the problem amicably many thanks Terry[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]- honeymonster1959[/b][/size][/font][/color]

He obviously needs to work out where the comma and full stop buttons are on his keypad.

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b] :)[color=#222222] [/color][size=2] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by ambient

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1404076233' post='2489127']
What's the point in life itself???
[/quote]
[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1404080529' post='2489176']
What's the point in the point?
[/quote]

I am currently working on the answer to this one and am close making a breakthrough. I will let you know as soon as anything happens.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1404329207' post='2491686']
I think I'm going to stop buying off eBay. A couple of things recently haven't been as I'd hope they were from the description and the photos.

Today I received a pair of jeans that I won last week, nice looking jeans except for the bleach mark on the back of them. I emailed the seller and this is his reply -

[b]Dear ianhoward,[/b]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi Ian sorry that you are not happy with jeans they were bought with mark on them I questioned it at the time and was assured that the mark was there to show that the red label 501s were a limited edition they were pretty expensive at the time so that reassured me but the fact remains that you are unhappy so what would you like me to do about the problem sorry I did not put it on the description but as it had always been there I did not think that it was a problem look forward to your comments hopefully we can resolve the problem amicably many thanks Terry[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]- honeymonster1959[/b][/size][/font][/color]

He obviously needs to work out where the comma and full stop buttons are on his keypad.

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b] :)[color=#222222] [/color][size=2] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

How the hell does a bleach mark signify that jeans are limited edition?! Some sellers just se like idiots to me..

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1404332096' post='2491722']
How the hell does a bleach mark signify that jeans are limited edition?! Some sellers just se like idiots to me..
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly :) I had to read it a couple of times to make sure I'd read it properly :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1404338026' post='2491798']
Well they probably [b]are[/b] limited edition.

Levi's would probably usually throw any bleach damaged jeans in the dustbin... :D
[/quote]

:)

Just beware buying anything from Honeymonster1959 :)

Also to avoid: missmoneypenny.007

Sold my missus a ladies vintage leather biker jacket that was made from plastic and really badly altered so it looked like a bin liner sewn together by a blind man with no fingers... For £140... And then when she complained her defence was that its definitely an official Kate Moss designed one.

I have no words!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1404339451' post='2491815']
Also to avoid: missmoneypenny.007

Sold my missus a ladies vintage leather biker jacket that was made from plastic and really badly altered so it looked like a bin liner sewn together by a blind man with no fingers... For £140... And then when she complained her defence was that its definitely an official Kate Moss designed one.

I have no words!
[/quote]

Hopefully you got your money back ?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1404339828' post='2491821']
She sent the item back last week, awaiting refund at the moment! We're not worried about getting the money back because of buyer protection... But we're worried about the sellers sanity!
[/quote]

I know the feeling. I wanna know where my dam B3K is. What's worrying me is I already left the seller neutral feedback expecting the pedal the next day, hopefully eBay see everything right.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404332059' post='2491721']
I am currently working on the answer to this one and am close making a breakthrough. I will let you know as soon as anything happens.
[/quote]

When you work it out, could you point the rest of us in the right direction ?

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1404068012' post='2488977']
Number 4 - [url="http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/sell-getstarted.html"]http://pages.ebay.co...getstarted.html[/url]

You have to have a telephone to sell on eBay, and need to confirm the number.
[/quote]

But a sim card only costs 99p. An email address is free... and all ebay do to confirm who you are is send a text message with a code for you to enter.