Why become a member? ×

eBay Scammers.

JazzBassfreak

Just really down to the seller to claim lost item (assuming he has covered himself). I have sold a lot of things on eBay and any items that have a value I can't avoid to just throw away if lost (i.e. anything over about £20) always goes Special Delivery. I am charging the postage and people know they are paying for Special Delivery so if they don't want to pay the postage price then don't buy the item but at least I am well covered.

Only had one lost items so far (standard first class with proof of postage) and Royal Mail refunded without any issues. They do contact the receiver apparently to check they haven't got it so if your item miraculously turns up you will have to decide how honest to be...

[quote name='kerley' timestamp='1404453620' post='2492705']
Just really down to the seller to claim lost item (assuming he has covered himself). I have sold a lot of things on eBay and any items that have a value I can't avoid to just throw away if lost (i.e. anything over about £20) always goes Special Delivery. I am charging the postage and people know they are paying for Special Delivery so if they don't want to pay the postage price then don't buy the item but at least I am well covered.

Only had one lost items so far (standard first class with proof of postage) and Royal Mail refunded without any issues. They do contact the receiver apparently to check they haven't got it so if your item miraculously turns up you will have to decide how honest to be...
[/quote]

Now I've just got to wait for it to go back to my visa. I has no PayPal signed with my account so it went into a guest account