Why become a member? ×

Lovely Wal MK 2 at Bass Direct

bakerster135

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1402916688' post='2477773']
Less than a year to go for mine!
[/quote]

What does that mean?

The 2nd hand one looks nice but that pricing if for the current trend for them surely. Is it worth that?

(You could get most of Mark's other stock for that and he's got some amazing basses....)

Exactly... you're paying for the name, the trendy make. Don't get me wrong, they're great basses and have that swoopy tone thing happening but at the end of the day, you're still faced with dishing out Em on the plank just get something that works and hit the 'shed...

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1403289678' post='2481602']
Exactly... you're paying for the name, the trendy make. Don't get me wrong, they're great basses and have that swoopy tone thing happening but at the end of the day, you're still faced with dishing out Em on the plank just get something that works and hit the 'shed...
[/quote]

Not sure I 100% agree with you there visog, having played a few MK2s I must say that they are really noticeably high quality. You can feel the quality and resonance of the wood, and the tone acoustically. The eq is also ridiculously versatile (I'd describe as slightly more than a "swoopy tone thing happening" myself tbh! :lol:). Personally reckon they're a lot nicer looking, better sounding and more versatile than any Fodera I've played, and those go for this kind of price!...

Regardless of all this though, I wouldn't pay £3600 for it, it is a bit too expensive for a second hand bass. Knock about £1k off it though, and the bass would already be at my house! ;)