Why become a member? ×

Room for one more. Which one? :)

thisnameistaken

I've got room for one more pedal on my board, so long as it's Boss-sized-ish.

Current board is:

2-channel mixer
Channel A: OC-2
Channel B: Another OC-2 -> Octavius Squeezer
-> Line 6 M9 (I mostly use pitch shifting, delay, reverb, phaser)
-> Bugcrusher (about to be replaced with an IE Frantabit I think)
-> IE Xerograph

My main band does dub/dancehall stuff, I'm also doing a sort of jazzy/funky hip-hop band. I don't really do subtle effects, and I often do more than just play bass lines. I don't need an O/D or a compressor. I like pedals that make WTF noises but don't lose the bottom end, although having a parallel loop mixer I can clean blend anything if necessary, or blend with an OC-2.

Any ideas?

Maybe some dirt?

Have you tried the Copilot FX Orbit? It's a fuzz with some crazy sh#t going on, really special thing. Pair it with the OC-2 and it gets even better. One of those WTF that you mention...

Looking at your board and the fact that you have a Line 6 M series pedal (great pieces of gear, I have the M5 on my board) that takes care of most of the stuff... I'd go down the dirt side...

Maybe the SolidGold FX Beta OD as you are doing some dubby stuff...

Good luck mate!

edit: There's me on the train not reading the OP completely... No OD's! Lol.

Edited by Byo

I posted the same in the TB thread, but:

- WMD Fatman - a unique filter that works really well for dub, drum&bass, etc
- A self-oscillating analog delay, e.g. Carbon Copy - digital sims never get this right

But also, and I know I'm selling one so I might be slightly biased - the Fuzzrocius BDPG. It's filter control seems to add sub-bass out of thin air and is dub heaven.

Tbh our guitarist does most of the dub delay / reverb stuff. When I do use delay I need tap tempo and for it to be synced to anything else time-based so I think I'll stick to the M9 for that.

Feedback loop is perhaps worth considering but I guess I'd need a limiter too and I don't have room for two things. :-\

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1402925346' post='2477914']
Feedback loop is perhaps worth considering but I guess I'd need a limiter too and I don't have room for two things. :-\
[/quote]
Why would you need a limiter?

There's a barge concepts loop pedal in the for sale section at the moment, great pedal and the price is good

Honestly my feedback loop has given me hours of fun. It means I can "play" the pedalboard without any instrument

I've had a Squeezer and a Fatman and they don't really cover the same ground, the Fatman is a pretty unique filter. If you see a used one going, jump on it to give it a try! I'm even tempted to get one again since the release of the Super Fatman...

I dunno man. The other thing I like about the Squeezer is there's a nice fuzz in there too so the fuzz/env combination works great for those nerdy Parliament sounds, the filter still pumps along just great. I don't think I'd want an envelope filter that didn't have its own effect loop or some other way of giving it fuzz without ruining the envelope.

Cheddatom: Don't you find that feedback loops often end in runaway volume levels?