Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass TB *SOLD*
£175

Pow_22

[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]Squier Vintage Modified Precision bass TB.[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"] [/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]This is basically the Squier version of the ’72 telebass with the big walloping Seth Lover humbucker right by the neck (Fender branded BTW).[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]These come in sunburst with black scratchplate but I got our very own Bass Doc to knock me up a 3ply white plate to make the bass look more authentic. I also added period correct telebass/’51 style bridge cover, tug bar (in correct ‘under G string position) and Fender flatwound (9050CL’s) strings before giving it a basic set-up.[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]No marks, dings, knocks etc at all and plays like a dream. The satin neck is nice and quick and there aren’t any buzzes or choked notes. The output is huge and I sometimes plug into the Active input on my SVT to tame it a little. Ive not lowered the pup fully so guess that could be done too.[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]I will supply the original black scratchplate as well as the white one. I dont have a hardcase (I can probably dig a gig bag out from somewhere).[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]I had one of these with the exact same mods a few years back and sold it on here. Regretted it, bought another, recreated the same look….then fell head over heals for a black Jack Casady Epi bass hence the sale.[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]Id really like collection in view of no hardcase but I can package up the bass safely and offer couriered delivery for £20. If you are localish I can deliver myself.[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"]Im after £175 + Postage. Work blocks hosting sites so I can email any interested BCers. This bass really is immaculate.[/color][/font][/size]

Edited by Pow_22

Can email but work blocks hosting sites. I know im not allowed to link but i do have this on ebay & gumtree with full pics on there. If you pm me your addy i can send pics across

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403257562' post='2481184']
Best be quick fella's, if I get a reply from Mr. Shuker re a neck build, this may well become my donor body if it's still here (no smartarse comments about me NEEDING a donor body thank you :P ).
[/quote]

I really want to try a tele bass to see how the sound and feel compares to my USA p (what I [i]really [/i]want is a '77 tele bass but I lack the beans to obtain such a thing), if you buy it can you swing by Sheffield for a brew on your way back to Wigan so I can meet it?

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1403258223' post='2481191']
I really want to try a tele bass to see how the sound and feel compares to my USA p (what I [i]really [/i]want is a '77 tele bass but I lack the beans to obtain such a thing), if you buy it can you swing by Sheffield for a brew on your way back to Wigan so I can meet it?
[/quote]

May one suggest you have a touch of google maps looking at the relative positions of Wigan (where I live) Manchester (where the bass lives) and Sheffield (where you live) :lol:
Mr Shuker has still not replied to my email of yesterday morning so currently I can not go forward anyway.
Yet. :ph34r:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403280261' post='2481506']
May one suggest you have a touch of google maps looking at the relative positions of Wigan (where I live) Manchester (where the bass lives) and Sheffield (where you live) :lol:
Mr Shuker has still not replied to my email of yesterday morning so currently I can not go forward anyway.
Yet. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Doh! for some reason I was thinking it was in Mansfield when I typed that...due mostly to a bout of 'spanner-itis' in reading to quickly and mashing a variety of folks' sigs together! :blush:

Feel free to pop over with it if you come see Jon though ;)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403552769' post='2483888']
So, a well know custom luthier hasn't replied to my email in the two time slots he allows per week, so guess I'm going to have to give this a miss as a donor body.
GLWTS
[/quote]

Sad news about the 'Jon email' mate :(

I'm going to have to pass on this too as I've had my head turned by an older lady...year of birth p-bass :gas:!

GLWTS buddy