Why become a member? ×

Candy Apple Red Modified Precision JV - scam???

http://www.ebay.it/itm/151304445529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

take a good look at it, folks!
It seems to be a late '84 JV, cream of the crop, but it's fully modded, never seen a CAR metallic finish, it's heavily modded and that decal... why a fender decal?
Let me know your thoughts :)

cheers from Italy!

It's in Hiroshima, Japan (I guess you knew that though) - probably more difficult to come by the genuine article.

I'd be as concerned about the cost of P&P - 120 Euros no less!! You could probably find one in Cash Converters in the UK and come and buy it for less..

The neck has had a " made in japan" and serial number decal removed (badly i might add) . That is the exact position mij's and cij's have them.. Dont think JV's had them.. The only thing JV about it is the J and V on the neckplate !

Edited by Ktmman

My JV has pronounced router hump by the pocket on the lower horn, which this doesn't. Mine has no serial number on the back of the neck, plus the date on the heel is feint due to it being underneath the lacquer.

You'd have to see it in person to tell if the date had been written on later, and get a look at the pocket, routes and p's&p's.

But, I'd pass.

[quote name='Ktmman' timestamp='1400916019' post='2458079']
The neck has had a " made in japan" and serial number decal removed (badly i might add) . That is the exact position mij's and cij's have them.. Dont think JV's had them.. The only thing JV about it is the J and V on the neckplate !
[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say. Neck looks like a 62RI. Squier P Bass special body, 62RI neck and a JV neckplate for my money.