Why become a member? ×

Radio 4 series about bassists. Really?????????

Panamonte

Apparently Mark King and Yolanda Charles were both in Broadcasting House (down in that London) last week, recording interviews (and playing a bit of bass) for a forthcoming series on Radio 4 about bass players and all things bass. I know it sounds highly unlikely, but my source is the in-house engineer who was riding the faders during said interviews. I will pump him for more information next week and keep you posted...

Edited by Panamonte

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1400425707' post='2453679']
Possibly - our baby was born prematurely here

The airline won't let us fly home - trapped as I said.
[/quote]

Oh WOW!! Congratulations! But what a pain not being able to fly. I'm sure it soon stops feeling like a holiday.

From the BBC.com website:

Can I listen from outside the UK?

You can listen to Radio 4 online anywhere in the world however there are some types of content where we are restricted from distributing overseas, usually because of sports rights. If this is the case then the live and on demand stream will be blocked to international audiences for the duration of that segment. International audiences will hear a message informing them of the rights restrictions in place.

You shouldn't have any difficulty [i]listening[/i] to iPlayer outside the UK - except in rare cases mentioned above by BassBus. TV is a different matter but I listen to R4 for hours every day from central Europe without problems.

Congrats on the birth by the way!

Edited by dincz

[quote name='dincz' timestamp='1400433941' post='2453820']
You shouldn't have any difficulty [i]listening[/i] to iPlayer outside the UK - except in rare cases mentioned above by BassBus. TV is a different matter but I listen to R4 for hours every day from central Europe without problems.
[/quote]

Yep, though catching up with the The Archers omnibus in the Carribean is a bit surreal.

Congrats on the birth though . . . Does that give the little'un dual nationality?