Why become a member? ×

Metallica - off to never never Glastonbury land

KiOgon

[quote name='BassYerbouti' timestamp='1400084482' post='2450611']
Me and the Mrs are off to Glastonbury at the ripe old age of ahem 50 something. She went years ago and has never stopped going on about it, so thought I'd go and see what all the fuss was about.
[/quote]

Good grief, you don't actually need to go - you can experience the whole Glasto vibe by camping out in your back garden - just put Metallica on the stereo, turn it up, open the windows, pee on your tent and steal your own shoes. Et... violin!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1400248682' post='2452274']
Same old problem with me and auditions for established , big-name acts . They just want a bass player , not another sex symbol in the band :([/quote]

That's funny - when I audition with names acts they want another sex symbol in the band - but I'm just a bass player. :(

Edited by discreet

Same old problem with me and auditions for established , big-name acts . They just want a bass player , not another sex symbol in the band :( .
[/quote]

It's the trousers, you know we've told you about them before. About actually wearing them for starters.

However unlikely it may seem to you or I , according to many ( well, at least two) female Basschatters, Dave Ellefson of Megadeath is actually the benchmark when it comes to sexy male bass players. That is the standard I am now trying to reach, and I keep a picture of Dave by my mirror, just to keep my own shortcomings in perspective.

Whilst we're on the subject, does anybody else find the beard that James Lomenzo is sporting nowadays a bit sinister?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400248959' post='2452278']
That's funny - when I audition with names acts they want another sex symbol in the band - but I'm just a bass player. :(
[/quote]

You have to look within yourself and find your inner slut. Something tells me you won't have to look very hard...

They just want a bass player , not another sex symbol in the band :( .
[/quote]

In what alternate reality f***ed-up trailer park vision of Hell are Lars, Kirk & James Sex Symbols?

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1400257568' post='2452405']
In what alternate reality f***ed-up trailer park vision of Hell are Lars, Kirk & James Sex Symbols?
[/quote]

The current mrs discreet thinks Lars is lush.
But she thinks [i]I'm[/i] lush too, so that probably tells you all you need to know. :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400257796' post='2452408']
The current mrs discreet thinks Lars is lush.
[/quote]

Everyone female I've been involved with has fancied some really ugly bastards - I've never been able to work out why they were with me if they set the bar that low.....

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1400257568' post='2452405']
[/quote]

There is no accounting for taste, as we all know.

Why is Victoria Coren with David Mitchell when she could be ... well anyway, you know what I mean.

Metallica get a lot of chicks, many of whom enjoy leather wear. Can any of us say the same?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400259848' post='2452436']
Yes - I enjoy leather wear. :mellow:
[/quote]

That's great, but please, please keep it confined to your own home from now on . You were very lucky that Center Parcs didn't seek a prosecution last time, and the CPS are cracking down on that kind of thing nowadays . .