Why become a member? ×

But which one?

Nige52

I was just about to go ahead and buy a surf green J & D for £119 delivered, when I have just been offered a MIM Fender Jazz deluxe series in excellent condition, for £250.....white with a tort pickguard....
So I have a dilemma, is there THAT MUCH of a difference in quality between the two? I want the bass purely for home use so do I go for the cheap and cheerful J&D or pay more than double and go for the Fender, it's a 1997/8 model.....
Any views?
Thanks
Nige

I'm sure that at some point you'll want to re-sell the bass...the genuine Fender is likely to re-sell quicker than the less well known brand and at £250 it's still a bit of a bargain. Not a big Fender fan myself but there are a lot of people who are...

Good score, I think you made the right decision purely based on what I've seen here before. Someone buys a budget bass and says how good it is and before you know it everyone has one, then they kinda go out of fashion. Anyone remember the SX trend?
Yours will always be a fender.

That's a bargain for a Mex Deluxe. These are serious basses, apparently using electronics from California. Not sure whether the body is in many parts, who cares. My lad has gigged one of these for a couple of years now, probably 100 gigs or so, loves it and has no desire to 'upgrade'. He gets a really, really nice jazz sound from that bridge pup.