Why become a member? ×

Upgrade to Bergantino CN212T

leroydiamond

GAS ATTACK. Recently acquired the Genz Benz NX2-212T cab at the blow out price of £375. Considering moving it on and picking up the Bergantino CN212. I have no experience of this cab, but the glowing comments it gets on line have got the juices flowing. I wonder Is my GAS justified?

Edited by leroydiamond

The CN212 is probably, from what I hear, one of the best overall designs Bergantino have come out with, in terms of output/tone/size/weight etc.

It will however cost you more than twice what you paid for the NX2 212T, which has high quality Faital Neo's in it. The overall design for its size/weight has often been praised over on Talkbass.

Completely up to you! You won't lose money on the NX2 (someone might want one so much that they will pay more).

The NX2 wasn't cheap originally, (£750 approx).

I was considering a lightweight 2x12 and as soon as the Genz offer was on, I struck. I will be leaving things as they are...it was a total bargain and I'm very happy with it.

I maybe biased but I've not needed to look at another cab since I brought the CN212 last year. It's been an absolute revelation, easily the best cab I've owned (and that's been a fair few ;)[size=4] [/size][size=4])[/size]

[size=4]One of the cabs I was considering at the time was the GB NX2 212T, particularly as my Streamliner was the amp of choice at that time. The reviews were really glowing on the 212T and I tried one out. Loved it. However, I loved the Berg just a little more. Why? Just think the Berg was a little more open, very marginally more articulate and a wee bit more cultured. Again though, all IMHO and a[/size][size=4]s with a lot of these things, it's not which one is "better", it's which one you think suits you.[/size]

[size=4]Whichever way you go, both the GB NX2 212T and the Berg CN212 are absolutely fantastic cabs so I'd forget what everyone else says and go with the one you prefer. [/size]

I've played 2 CN112's and I liked them quite a bit more than my AE112's.
The CN112's sound smoother and appears to get rid
or reduce some of the NEO 'harshness' that I hear.
We are talking fine lines here and I am not inclined
to 'upgrade' but if I was looking for a 212, I'd be
comparing the CN212 performance with the DB212.

I don't know the GB cab.

Not quite on topic but as the AE's have been mentioned previously....
I had the NX2 212T for a while, loved it at first but after trying a single AE112 at home it was a no brainer for me.
Sold the NX2 and bought a pair of Berg AE112's and I they're here to stay. Not a massive difference against the NX2 but imo, they're more articulate and as a pair have more authority and pack a punch well above their size.
If the NX2 was still at the full price i would advise getting the CN212 but as the price is now on it's arse then it's a tough one.
B)

I agree with lots of the above, if I wanted a simple one cab solution that would cover any gig then the CN212 would be my first choice.

I currently use an AE210 and I love the physical size of this cab. I'd love to hear a CN version of a 210!

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1398491922' post='2434601']
Once you get to the quality of the NX2 and the Berg cabs you don't really get "better" just "different". So the rather un-useful advice is to play both and see which you like best.
[/quote]

This. It's all flavours of 'excellent'.

I have decided to keep my Genz Benz Nx2-212T. As Musicman20 points out, these cabs were a steal at the blow out price and even when
they originally sold for £750, they were highly regarded.
Last weekend I gigged this cab 2 nights running without P.A. support and it just kept on giving. There happened to be a couple of musicians from around town at our gig on Saturday night and they were really impressed with the sound of this cab on the floor. I just cannot fault the NX2-212T and it is easily the best cab i have ever had the pleasure of playing with. If I were to move it on, I might make a small profit but I am only transferring the significant saving I made, on to someone else to enjoy, whilst having to dig deep into my pocket for the Bergantino CN212.
Thanks to everyone on here for offering their opinion. GAS is sorted.

Edited by leroydiamond