Why become a member? ×

East Midlands Facebook selling groups

You could try this one, I've added it recently and seems to be a fair bit of bass stuff that comes up. Not sure if that's the right way of getting to the page, let me know if it isn't

https://www.facebook.com/groups/399985090070309/

I keep hearing about how buying and selling is moving to facebook groups. However, I can't find any significantly active groups for musical instruments. I thought I'd ask in case there's something I'm missing out on.

Edit: Weird, ape's post didn't show up when I checked a few seconds ago. I'll keep an eye on that facebook group.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1397636479' post='2425795']
[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/689090051102626/"]Bass Players Market UK[/url]
[/quote]

There's an original Bass Whammy on there for £250. Prices must have dropped since the reissues came out!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1397636859' post='2425802']
So are there any safeguards for buyers and sellers using these groups or is it simply like a glorified noticeboard which you use at your own risk?
[/quote]

Sold my last two basses on them with no trouble. Both sold quite quickly as well, for the money I wanted.
My 2001 Sky Blue US jazz went on the North West one. My Sadowsky went to a guy from this manor, but he saw it first on the Bass Market UK f/b page and that's where negotiations started. Only changed to PM on here, at my request, when we got into bank details.
I still think there is considerably less traffic on here than 12/15 months ago and I think that may be contributory to folk setting these F/B pages up.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1397637454' post='2425813']
This. Pretty much like Gumtree and Basschat then!
[/quote]

I've never used Gumtree and I only buy and sell with Basschatters who have a visible presence on the site outside of the sales forums, so I have some idea who I'm dealing with.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1397644907' post='2425927']

I've never used Gumtree and I only buy and sell with Basschatters who have a visible presence on the site outside of the sales forums, so I have some idea who I'm dealing with.
[/quote]

In my experience most BC enquiries come from Newbies, and are never followed up. I guess they register, then search for what they want, often something that was for sale a year or two ago, then post to ask if it's still for sale. Nothing against Newbies, we were all that once, but it's comforting to know you are dealing with someone who contributes to the site, they are most likely to treat you with respect IMO.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1397624277' post='2425708']
Don't know Mr Twit, but there are groups for north west, south east and national that I know of.
Sold my last two basses on the NW one.
[/quote]

Aye, NWB. I've sold a few items on there. Nice and quick. It cant compete with the marketplace on here though.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1397729909' post='2426826']
Aye, NWB. I've sold a few items on there. Nice and quick. It cant compete with the marketplace on here though.
[/quote]

Not NWB Dunc, a Facebook group called something like North West Bass Gear for sale. I don't want to link it cos I got a bollocking from a Mod before.