Why become a member? ×

Shuker Series II build dairy

zenbassuk

[quote name='ZenBasses' timestamp='1398792747' post='2437672']
Is that including the one who sold it?.. Lol...

New one should have 1 less knobs..

Unbelievably that bass also had 5 dip switches inside and a overall eq gain pot as well.
[/quote]

:lol:

So you had control over pretty much everything then! Nice

Bass looks incredible....as for what timber to use for the fretboard, I would seriously consider any advice Jon gives, after all he's been building great basses for many years now and will have an insight into what does and doesn't work. You'll need to take into consideration function and form - just because it looks great doesn't mean it will function as you need it to. Having said that I'm sure that Jon will guide you to the right decision.

You must be having the worst GAS on the forum waiting for this....

So I've just got home to my 2 dogs fussing over me as I smell of Ruby Ruby Ruby...

Just had a nice drive over Penistone to see Jon..

Bass is shaping up to be amazing..

The body is proper gorgeous with lovely figuring. Slightly darker than in the pictures.

This was being buffed.. Unfortunately it was attached to the bench in Jons back room. So photos didn't work.

However the neck was in the day light and what a fretboard.

It's definitely going to be noticed that for sure..

T minus not a lot of weeks...

Gas fix for today but it's all worth the wait in the end.

Next time we go down Jon told me to bring my dogs over for a good run... They will be excited.... Lovely countryside over yonder.. And as you can see not always a handful..

I've only just realisedthat when I signed up as Zenbasses I must of signed up before and totally forgotten.

It must have been when my very old Hotmail got hacked I moved everything to Gmail. As the Hotmail one was shut down and therefore I couldn't receive the 'forgotten password' email.

So I signed up again using Zenbasses with my Gmail email address.

No confusion meant... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Stunning bass! Once again, Jon has excelled himself. I hope you will have lots of fun playing it. I am quite envious!

Almost ready to put down my deposit for my next order, which will be a J 5 string to replace my Fender. It will have the same electronics setup as my trusty Lakland 55-02 loaded with a J and MM pickup. The only reason reason why I haven't ordered it yet is because I haven't decided on how many frets I want yet!

It's finally at home

It's absolutely amazing

I won't release sub standard pictures hehe

It's too dark outside and photos on my trusty phone are not coming out so good even with all the lights on

So here is a teaser shot of the headstock with a 3+1 Config

:D.....

Oh and sounds the 'dogs'