Why become a member? ×

Meet Me In Vegas! Now with vocals!!!!

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='stylonpilson' post='241355' date='Jul 16 2008, 11:07 PM']It's gorgeous. If I didn't live 250 miles away I'd be getting in touch with you on that whole singing thing, I swear.[/quote]

yeah its a shame ur so far away man!!!

thanks for the comment

oooh by the way if anyone likes us.......ADD US AS YOUR FRIEND! :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='312067' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:44 PM']"Or Maybe Later" is my fave...funky as f*** and I love the synths. Really great bass sound as well man, can't wait to hear it with vocals...[/quote]

Hey

Cheers for taking the time to have a listen!! :)

yeah i cant wait for the vocals to be sorted either! it wont be long!! :huh:

Listening Start Your Journey right now and man that sounds superb. What an amazing groove and a bass sound to die for. What bass you playing? A tad too loud in the mix and the guitars too quite but still great.

Just listened to Or Maybe Later and what a superb tune.

Love the band name also.

thanks guys!! :)

the bass on Start Your Journey and Or Maybe Later is a bass ive now sold! it was a bravewood/Geddy lee hybrid with wizard pickups!

the bass on the other one is my sadowsky NYC i think........................yeah it is

all the sounds were just DI'd using a MOTU interface and recorded in logic pro!

the bass amp plugin in logic is really good! i never bother with an amp for recording anymore :huh:

thanks again for the comments! :huh:

• 1 month later...

Sounds great mate. To my ears the vocals seem to be getting a bit lost in the mix for one or two of the tracks, don’t know if that's just me though? - Probably just the MySpace music player :) Her voice really complements the style though, it's sounding great man :huh:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='349623' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:42 PM']Sounds great mate. To my ears the vocals seem to be getting a bit lost in the mix for one or two of the tracks, don’t know if that's just me though? - Probably just the MySpace music player :huh: Her voice really complements the style though, it's sounding great man :huh:[/quote]

:) cheers for the kind words mate :huh:

yeah i think myspace's music player isnt the best as im sure they were loud enough before they went on myspace................im off for another listen just to check lol

:huh:

Great songs! Great playing! The way the vocals mix sound a bit weird - could it be that they are too dry? The "ambience" seems to be lost... I am sure with a decent engineer it would sound fantastic tho.

J

Edit: by the way, the name is really great :)

Edited by jmstone

[quote name='jmstone' post='351383' date='Dec 11 2008, 12:10 AM']Great songs! Great playing! The way the vocals mix sound a bit weird - could it be that they are too dry? The "ambience" seems to be lost... I am sure with a decent engineer it would sound fantastic tho.

J

Edit: by the way, the name is really great :)[/quote]

hey

thanks for your comment. :huh: i know what you mean about the mix being a bit strange..............the whole thing was recorded and mixed by me and the guitarist in his attic and we dont really know what we're doing! haha :huh:

i'd love to work with a professional engineer! we couldn't afford to do that though unfortunately.

im hoping someone else might pay for us to go to a proper studio one day! :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I think these are really strong songs. What's really nice to hear is that's there's no over playing (or singing) too and everything that's being played makes a real contribution to the strength of the song. I can't really comment on the quality of the recording/mix as I'm only listening to it on tinny little speakers at work. Suffice it to say it sounds fine to me though! I think I'd be pretty happy with myself if I'd recorded those!

Mark

Hey man just listened to all the tracks. Pretty cool, like them all. I must say I just slightly prefer the sound from the bass you sold! sorry ;)
Both do sound great tho would love either of them.

Oh, and I would like a CD since there doesnt seem to be many takers!