Why become a member? ×

MY new DOUbLE BUCK>>>

darbs

this is one tastey piece of ass! ! ! ! ! been after one of these for about 5 month and i found one for £650 because it has a little chip at the back should have been £900! ! !

any one know any good (cheap) amps to go with it? ? ?

[quote name='darbs' post='237902' date='Jul 12 2008, 01:00 PM']any one know any good [s](cheap)[/s] amps to go with it? ? ?[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23210&st=0&p=236600&#entry236600"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry236600[/url]

Shameless plug :)

Nice bass though man, did you get it for £650 brand new?! That’s a bloody good find.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='237969' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:53 PM']its a shame you didnt want the 5 string version!!

jake is sellin one

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22043"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22043[/url]

how cheap!!????

:)[/quote]

i did but you get what you find really plus with the band i'm in i dont really need a 5 string wouldnt mind it tho.....what yould be nice would be a 5 string with the high C instead if the low B

Me likey.

A corvette $$ is my dream bass. I very nearly paid out for a Corvette Standard as a first bass because i fell for the shape as soon as i wondered aimlessly onto the Warwick site.

It will be mine... Oh yes. It will be mine...

Jesus

Edited by Jesus

[quote name='Jesus' post='238783' date='Jul 13 2008, 09:55 PM']Me likey.

A corvette $$ is my dream bass. I very nearly paid out for a Corvette Standard as a first bass because i fell for the shape as soon as i wondered aimlessly onto the Warwick site.

It will be mine... Oh yes. It will be mine...

Jesus[/quote]
very pleased with my $$ must take some pics

[quote name='peted' post='238621' date='Jul 13 2008, 05:04 PM']That is a very tasty bass indeed. Is it a colour oil finish? Looks like it has a tint, a very nice one at that. Congratulations.[/quote]

no i dont think its an oil finish....it was really funny when buyin it cause all the staff members would not stop watching me (it waseither my slick bass skills or they probs thought i was gunna steal it lol)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='237969' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:53 PM']its a shame you didnt want the 5 string version!!

jake is sellin one

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22043"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22043[/url]

how cheap!!????

:)[/quote]

He was selling a 5'er it's now coming to live with me :huh: :huh: I can't wait for her to arrive.....I'm like a kid waiting for Santa :huh: BTW that's a lovely looking bass...very tasty.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='darbs' post='239237' date='Jul 14 2008, 03:29 PM']no i dont think its an oil finish....it was really funny when buyin it cause all the staff members would not stop watching me (it waseither my slick bass skills or they probs thought i was gunna steal it lol)[/quote]
i think it is a oiled and waxed finish by the look, mines in antique tobacco did you get the handbook and folder with tools and wax plus spare set of strings. nice bass

[quote name='jerseytrev' post='264957' date='Aug 18 2008, 09:37 PM']i think it is a oiled and waxed finish by the look, mines in antique tobacco did you get the handbook and folder with tools and wax plus spare set of strings. nice bass[/quote]

no all i got was summert to adjust the tension rod.......its not second hand tho so i think i was ripped off lol but with the money i saved i think i could just buy all that :) btw very nice bass :huh::huh::D

bassmankev: the shop hadnt set it up or even botherd to screw the pick-ups down abit. i played an outside gig and the bastard fell down the stage lol i'ltry emailin warwick now:D cheers! !

Edited by darbs

I have had success emailing Warwick a couple of times in the past for spare parts. If you tell them where you bought it from and how soon it happened after initial purchase then I'm pretty confident they will just send you a replacement screw for free.

I would also slip into the email that you didn't receive the Warwick 'pack' with the manual, wax, and cleaning cloth as I'm sure the UK distributor would like to have words with the shop :)

[quote name='peted' post='265472' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:30 PM']I have had success emailing Warwick a couple of times in the past for spare parts. If you tell them where you bought it from and how soon it happened after initial purchase then I'm pretty confident they will just send you a replacement screw for free.

I would also slip into the email that you didn't receive the Warwick 'pack' with the manual, wax, and cleaning cloth as I'm sure the UK distributor would like to have words with the shop :)[/quote]
+1
if new you should have the pack which also includes spare strings ,allen keys ,truss rod adjuster. almost like a car pack . great bass though once setup ,keep us posted if you do contact warwick

jus finished talkin with warwick! really helpfull! they are sendin the bolt for free. they said "we give all our dealers the warwick pack" so its basicaly nout to do with them. o well i'l just be happy when i can get my pick-up lowered lol all i need now is to get it set-up and to buy sum beeswax :):D:D