Why become a member? ×

This is what I have to put up with!

stubass

My respect for people round our way is diminishing quick! £1200 New for a squier! please tell me it ain't so!!!
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-squier-jazz-bass-guitar-worth-1200-red-and-white-with-new-strings-strap-and-bag/1053782533

Edited by stubass

Works the other way sometimes, a 60's strat and a les Paul special went for less than £100. There was a witch hunt for the lucky bu**ers who got them!

Will I tell him not to get his future wife too excited!

Edited by stubass

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1395872678' post='2407578']
Er... even 350 is too much, isn't it..? Is this the same Squier Jazz that goes for about 255 new..?
[/quote]

Too right! I wouldn't pay anymore than a hundred for a second hand Squire :blink:

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1395870859' post='2407551']

Will I tell him not to get his future wife too excited!
[/quote]

Yeah, I reckon he has probably told her that he's parting with his treasured bass that he used when he was a rock star and it will bring in a tidy sum for the nuptials

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1395873185' post='2407590']
Yeah, I reckon he has probably told her that he's parting with his treasured bass that he used when he was a rock star and it will bring in a tidy sum for the nuptials
[/quote]

"Darling, I TRIED to sell the bass. I listed it at just over a quarter for what it goes for new. It's the economy... You don't want me to give it away do you?"

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1395919209' post='2407885']
"Darling, I TRIED to sell the bass. I listed it at just over a quarter for what it goes for new. It's the economy... You don't want me to give it away do you?"
[/quote]

That explains it! :D

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1395872889' post='2407585']
Too right! I wouldn't pay anymore than a hundred for a second hand Squire :blink:
[/quote]

I think that would depend on whether he came with a mansion and a country estate.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1395872889' post='2407585'] Too right! I wouldn't pay anymore than a hundred for a second hand Squire :blink: [/quote]

I don't know, Squires are pretty rare.
Not to be confused with the more common Squiers, 'though. <_<