Why become a member? ×

Supplying your venues with posters

bonzodog

I would be interested to see what your take is on the above.

We always offer to supply our venue with posters advertising our gigs there. This is mainly pubs, as our club gigs tend to be a longer bill and they take care of that.
A lot of the time we are told not to bother as they say they do it themselves. As we are a 'specific' covers band in that we do Mod/New Wave covers we very often arrive to see no mention of our genre on the poster even though the venue were aware of what we do.
On occasions when we have supplied posters we have arrived to find them not put up which is annoying as they have a cost involved.

Do any of you send posters ahead of bookings as standard or not bother at all?

Where the venue has booked us (i.e. social clubs) I generally supply them with posters a couple of weeks before. They don't always put them up but they only cost me a few pence to print and send (laser printed on coloured paper).

One of us visits the venue a week or more before the gig.

It gives the owner a recognisable face to deal with on the night, allows us to see if we need to make any special provisions for power\cable runs and we put up the posters to save the owner the effort.

That 10 minute visit has saved us a lot of mucking about on the night on many occasions.

I'm chief in charge of poster delivering for the band.

Depending on the distance involved, some get posted, some hand delivered.

Some venues put them up, some don't bother. Typically, the ones that don't bother will be the ones that like to have a moan about the lack of punters. :huh:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1395782862' post='2406352']
One of us visits the venue a week or more before the gig.

It gives the owner a recognisable face to deal with on the night, allows us to see if we need to make any special provisions for power\cable runs and we put up the posters to save the owner the effort.

That 10 minute visit has saved us a lot of mucking about on the night on many occasions.
[/quote]

This.