Why become a member? ×

Year of birth bass - options for 1977?

Bigwan

I've owned most of the basses I once coveted (Wal, Warwick, Lakland, Dingwall)... And sold them. The only ones I still want (60's Fenders mostly) are financially out of reach for the time being. I like the idea of a YOB bass so that's my next planned purchase. Liking the look of Yamaha and Kramer so far from what folk have suggested. Now if I could find a '77 BB1200, or SB1200 (don't think I've EVER seen one of those for sale) I'd be a happy camper. There are quite a few Kramers about it would seem, but they wouldn't all float my boat!

Strangely enough 4 of my basses are from '77, must have been a vintage year.....

- Ovation Magnum 1 fretless
- Gibson RD Artist
- Kramer 650B
- CF Martin EB-18 (potentially available.......)

Loads of good choices in posts above

Hmmm, only bass I owned from that period which I really liked was a Kramer 450B.
The mid /late seventies Fenders I've owned have general been well below par, unlike
my '69 Jazz which is a peach.
I'd still like to try a '56 P bass(my YOB) any around? :)

[quote name='devnulljp' timestamp='1395988620' post='2408620']
Can't go wrongwith a 77 Aria Pro II -- an SB1000, 900, or 700. Great basses, and can be had for decent prices.
I played an SB700 for years til it was stolen.
[/quote]

From what I can see there's a fairly fundamental flaw in that plan... They weren't introduced until '78, otherwise they'd be fairly high on my list.