Why become a member? ×

If 'The Faces' reform - who'll play bass ?

mxm

According to Ian MacLagan and a few other sources Rod, Ron and Kenney are likely to reform The Faces.

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions who is fit to fill the role of Ronnie Lane ??!!!

Rick Wills ?
a sober Tetsu ?
Bill Wyman (erm ! - see the Brit awards '93) ??

[quote name='mxm' post='237577' date='Jul 11 2008, 08:26 PM']According to Ian MacLagan and a few other sources Rod, Ron and Kenney are likely to reform The Faces.

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions who is fit to fill the role of Ronnie Lane ??!!!

Rick Wills ?
a sober Tetsu ?
Bill Wyman (erm ! - see the Brit awards '93) ??[/quote]

Is Tetsu sober these days?

I dunno what they'd be like without the excess. Maybe they need a shambolic young pisshead on bass to make up for their new healthy and moderate lifestyles.

Me.
They owe me one!
The Faces couldn't get a work permit for Tetsu unless they proved they had tried and failed to find a suitable British bass player first. So they just listed all the bass players working for the company, Billy Gaff, and I happened to be one of the names on the list. My turn now!!!

The first album I bought was Every Picture Tells a Story.

The second was A Nod's As Good As A WInk...

They never improved on those. And they should never reform! It'll be like the uncle dancing at the wedding reception...several times over.

Mind you if the Sun front page is to be believed Woody has no shame! Don't think he'll be updating that AWFUL book anytime soon.

[quote name='silddx' post='237651' date='Jul 11 2008, 09:59 PM']I think the best person for the job is Victor Wooten.[/quote]

+1 for thinking outside the box.

For pushing the envelope.

For getting the ducks in a row.

wtf am I on about. Time for bed.

[ALL]: Bed? If you were a real bass player, one worthy of the Faces, you'd just be waking up!