Why become a member? ×

RH750 SETTINGS

bassgurumonster

Don`t know abt the RH, but I had a Classic 450 - which may be voiced differently - and it was everything at midday, aside from a slight low-mid cut, and both Tubetone and Spectracomp on 4. Gave a lovely Ampeggy-type sound.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1394658978' post='2393870']
Just turn the knobs until it sounds good to you. It's the best way to get a sound that you like.
[/quote]
Agreed, but do this whilst playing with your band as some of the the subtleties and [size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]nuances you're dialing in may well dissapear once you play with the rest of the guys.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Handwired

[quote name='Handwired' timestamp='1394665707' post='2393956']

Agreed, but do this whilst playing with your band as some of the the subtleties and [size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]nuances you're dialing in may well dissapear once you play with the rest of the guys.[/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]
This! Of course rehearsal would be better than gig ;)

[quote name='Handwired' timestamp='1394665707' post='2393956']

[/quote]

Totally agree. I took a batch of presets for an RH450 from the recommended ones on TalkBass and painstakingly tweaked them to get what I thought was three perfect tones for my band.

Took it out on a gig and every one of them absolutely sucked in a live band situation. Really put me off the whole idea of infinitely variable tone tweaking options.

Definitely worth trying to get a simple start point (or points given you have 3 pre-sets) and make small adjustments (with a patient band) at a loud rehearsal so you know how it's going to work in a live mix :)

If the RH750 is your thing then great, but for me the thought of a next-level menu of tweakable parameters fills me with... Option Anxiety!

Should I nudge that lo-mid centre frequency down by 50Hz? What about activating Tweeter Tone(TM)? No thanks, I'll stick with 3 or 4 knobs that actually I hardly ever touch.

OP - you have fun though, don't mind an old curmudgeon.

I bought my RH750 from someone here, and the settings didn't work for me. It took me a while to work out the semi-parametric eq, but as soon as I did the sound came alive.

The big question is: what sort of sound do you want?

I found that the top end was way too subdued for me, as I like clank. I made the centre frequency of the treble control lower, giving me more control over that area just above upper mids. and boosted that up to about 3 o'clock. I also pushed the Tweeter Tone up, and pulled the compressor right down to make it more responsive.