Why become a member? ×

Shuker Custom 'Scroll' Bass

Sean.Robinson

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='503849' date='Jun 2 2009, 02:47 PM']Nice shape. The horns kind of remind me of the new Zender signature from Warwick. This works. The Warwick doesn't - imho of course!

Nice.[/quote]

+1 :)

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='624797' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:00 AM']Just gave Jon a cheeky phone call to see how things are coming along and hes just broke it to me that hes lacquering the bass and it should be done in 3 weeks!!!!!.... im a tad excited :)[/quote]
Remember that those are 3 'luthier weeks' ;p . I had pictures of my bass glossed and lacquered on the 24th August with a mention that he still had to flatten back the lacquer, bolt it all together, dress the frets and let it settle. I haven't had any message yet to say it's ready to be picked up, but I don't want to rush him as I'm happy he won't release it until it's perfect.

[quote name='peted' post='624882' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:35 PM']Remember that those are 3 'luthier weeks' ;p . I had pictures of my bass glossed and lacquered on the 24th August with a mention that he still had to flatten back the lacquer, bolt it all together, dress the frets and let it settle. I haven't had any message yet to say it's ready to be picked up, but I don't want to rush him as I'm happy he won't release it until it's perfect.[/quote]

My Shuker is going to be ready at the end of September. It was going to be ready in two months about 5 months ago too. Haha! I just leave him to it, I can't imagine he's sat twiddling his thumbs or owt and I'll get it when I get it :rolleyes:
It is getting difficult to explain why I've had a constant erection for nearly a year though :)
Hope you get it soon dude!
T

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='624929' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:20 PM']I am quite worried about ordering a Shuker now with all this talk of them taking ages![/quote]

Nah don't worry about it fella! You can always go out and buy a Fender Jazz, any time you like. The custom bass, YOUR custom bass, is definitely worth waiting for :) and go for the side LED's!!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='TG Flatline' post='624940' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:27 PM']Nah don't worry about it fella! You can always go out and buy a Fender Jazz, any time you like. The custom bass, YOUR custom bass, is definitely worth waiting for :) and go for the side LED's!!! :rolleyes:[/quote]
+1 my bass has taken quite a while to complete as it's quite special and has at least one Shuker first. I believe he can still knock out Precision and Jazz style bases in a couple of months.

I'm sure for every Shuker seen finished on BassChat there are at least a dozen that you don't see as the customer isn't a BassChatter.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...