Why become a member? ×

Sandberg basic 4MM redburst
£550

thebuckets

Didnt think id sell this but have rediscovered my P bass Love. Have my eye on one so willing to take a hit on what it owes me!

Sandberg basic 4 string Bass.
single MM humbucker. 3 band active glockenklang preamp gives a great range of tones from thumping p through tighter j bass to full on 'ray.
Very versatile with a lovely slim 2 octave maple neck with rosewood finger board. Ash body, very light and well balanced with no hint of neck dive. Hand built german quality. 6 bolt neck, factory fitted schaller strap locks and sandberg 3d adjustable bridge.
Check the Sandberg website for further details.
Excellent condition with only 1 small mark on the front (small mark not through the finish) that I couldn't pick up with the camera. Just mention it to be totally honest.
Comes with sandberg quality padded gig bag (hard case in 1st photo not included) tools and original bill of sale (bought from pmt for a deal of £950 but normally retailing at over 1K)

£550 delivered in uk or £525 if you wanna pick up from just outside vibrant Liverpool :-)

Can't upload photos via my tablet so here's a drop box link. Hope it works
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/feek11kmm3f8d2t/vu5TDo0SUu

Here's a few YouTube clips of a basic in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f987QpsQd8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llfsw4GFgSU

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1394047176' post='2387389']
Nice..
[/quote]
[quote name='Thunderbird'
timestamp='1394047383' post='2387395']

That's a pretty cool looking bass GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Cheers guys it is a beauty (should I sell...is it too cheap?)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1394107013' post='2387950']
I think Prime Bass had one for sale a while back - fire him a PM.
Cheers TG will fire him a pm today.Think for the price your hard pressed to find instrumens of such good finish and ability. Ive got my p bass love back but would be really tempted by a sandberg p bass
[/quote]

I had a fretless one of these a few years back, they are really nice and this is a bargain, I don't think I got much more than this for mine but I think that is as much a sign of the times as anything, personally I think thy are worth more but getting folks to pay it in the financial squeeze etc...

These are possibly some of the most underrated basses in the world!!! SERIOUSLY great instruments, and great value for a handbuilt european bass. Superb build quality, and a great range of sounds (the Glockenklang EQ is excellent very natural and intuitive, and has true passive bypass). The best thing about Basics? The neck, without a shadow of a doubt, is one of the fastest and most comfortable necks ever, and is what made me fall in love with Sandberg Basses. I bought a Basic 4 on a whim (which later ended up with Prime_Bass), and it changed everything for me. I've had loads of great basses over the years, and for about 13/14 years my go-to was a USA Jazz (obvs. known for their slim necks) (plus I had Yamaha TRB 4 & 5 strings at that time), but when I got my first Basic, it absolutely ruined the Jazz for me! By comparison, the Jazz felt chunky, clunky and awkward (to me). Anyway, it resulted in me selling all of my other basses because they just weren't getting a look in, and buying more Sandbergs! Now, 6 Sandbergs later, I now just have two custom build Sandbergs, and I'm very happy! :D It just goes to show, take a punt on something, try something a little different, and you just might find what you've always been looking for but didn't even know it........ £500 for a GREAT German handbuilt bass? What's not to like!?

GLWTS Bri! :D

(FYI, I've had a Basic 4 Natural/Rosewood, Basic 4 Greenburst/Rosewood, California PM4 Blackburst/Rosewood, Basic Ken Taylor 5 Highgloss Black/Rosewood, and I now have a Basic Ken Taylor 5 Highgloss Virgin White/Ebony (Black hardware), and a Bullet Booster 5 (same neck as Basics) Cherry Sunburst/Maple (Black hardware)

Edited by TRBboy

Cheers Oli
As ever 'you the man' when it comes to all things Sandbergs a quick chat with you and I'll end up withdrawing it from sale!
These really are the business for action fit and finish and as you say the necks are something else
My p bass love could be satisfied with a VM I suppose....

• 2 weeks later...