Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Gerald Veasley Signature 6 upgraded Delano pickups / John East Preamp £725
£800

Dood

Hi everyone!

So, I bought this bass to find out how I'd get on with this specification and have to say I love it, especially with the upgrades on board. There is a set of brand new Delano SBC pickups installed and a superb John East circuit (I need to remind myself of the model number - I think it is something like SP03?? Will look it up!!)

I've had the bass a little while now but like my Fender I sold recently, owing to playing my Shukers - this one never gigged!

I pang to have something different and have my eye on some possibilities. I've set the price low for a quick sale but given the premium extras I can't give the bass away lol!!!

I'm minus a decent internet connection right now but I'm going to try to upload some pics now.

£800 is a superb price.

Oh great - just checked the web prices for a new one (standard 'ok' pickups) - 800 quid :/

So I'll come down to £725 as there's £350+ of upgrades on board.

Edit: the pre is a spm-02 three band parametric circuit.

It is - Gerald requested a 14mm spacing. For chords and fast playing (or even slow hand) it is effortless. Takes a little time to get used to and offers very little fatigue I feel.

It's hard to describe though as we all have different hands and preferences but if you're looking for something fresh and interesting I think this is a great sounding example. Oh and yes it's a brilliant spacing for dexterous proggers too!!

Just had a little thumbs up from Gerald himself on Facebook!

I think the retrofit is a big thumbs up - this model, the GVB36 features an ibañez pre and Bartolini mk1 pups as standard. Tonally a massive leap up using premium components from Delano and of course the master that is John East.

There are indeed two versions - the other originally was a £5k model. I have to say though, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the other £4000 went on. Unless of course Aguilar preamps and Bartolini Classic pickups have gone up in price along with figured maple tops. The GVB36 is a superb bass and great value. I'm starting to have second thoughts!

I'm sorry folks, I've had a bit of extra time (due to an internet connection problem) to spend some playing time with the GV bass - I've decided that at the moment I may well regret selling and have therefore decided to hang on to it a bit longer. This is despite some VERY tempting instruments floating around BassChat right now!!!

I'll let you know if I change my mind!

Thanks for all the interest - I wasn't expecting so much!