Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tone Hammer

lmbalcao

[quote name='lmbalcao' post='232393' date='Jul 4 2008, 12:58 AM']It's almost out (according with their web site..)

Anyone know any stores in Europe that accept reservations?

Thanks,
Luis[/quote]
This one in Germany? [url="http://www.soundland.de/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/97103117/products_id/252986/language/uk"]http://www.soundland.de/catalog/product_in...986/language/uk[/url]

• 1 month later...

Was flicking through a mag the other day and saw an advert for one of these, looks really interesting and i quite fancy one.

Keep us updated as to when they arrive in the country, and if anyone gets one please write a review, would be great to hear a non biased opinion.

I'm going down the road of preamp pedals used in conjunction with a power amp / cab combination. I rarely get to take my own amp along to gigs (so I'm selling it), a setup like this lets you take your sound with you wherever you go. I have the VT Bass now, but I get the depressing/exhilarating feeling that I am now going to buy the Tone Hammer as well, and any other preamp that comes out and gets hyped to buggery!

Remember that outboard preamps only make a big difference to passive basses. It's only going to overpower an active bass. On the plus side though, my Sadowsky made a massive difference to my Marcus Miller jazz. Running the bass passive through the Sadowsky was ten times better than the internal preamp. I'd hope that the Aguilar does the same kind of excellent job!