Why become a member? ×

Ordering from America

topheteatwo

It really depends on what level of postage/shipping the seller has used, I've had pedals arrive in 4 days before now but conversely I've had some pedals take nigh on 4 full weeks to arrive.

Generally speaking, unless the seller has specifically marked the goods as a gift, you will have to pay a proportion of duty/VAT on the goods.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1389822473' post='2338408']
The link is what should happen. Every now and then things get through without the duty, so look at those times as a bonus, but always expect - and budget in - paying it.
[/quote]
Not only what should happen it states what might happen as below:

'If you're ordering goods from abroad, or buying and sending to the UK goods from abroad for personal use, you may have to pay Customs Duty'.

Notice it says 'may have to pay' and that's why i posted the link.

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1389822433' post='2338407']
It really depends on what level of postage/shipping the seller has used, I've had pedals arrive in 4 days before now but conversely I've had some pedals take nigh on 4 full weeks to arrive.

Generally speaking, unless the seller has specifically marked the goods as a gift, you will have to pay a proportion of duty/VAT on the goods.

Hope this helps!
[/quote]
Even if it is marked as a gift you may have to pay duty on it. As i said in my reply to the op, rather than listen to what some one said all of the information is on the website i gave the link to.

[quote name='topheteatwo' timestamp='1389821554' post='2338393']
Hey guys

I've ordered a pedal from America and I am incredibly impatient, I ordered it 9 days ago and I'm just wondering when I should expect it?

Also, it was $227, should I be expected to pay import tax, some people say no, some people say yes, any ideas?
[/quote]

Where did you order it from? I ordered a pedal from MusicToyz once, never again.

Even if it is marked as a gift,any imports worth over £36 are subject to import VAT,and goods over £135 are subject to customs duty,but this is waived if the duty is less then £9.
If the parcel comes via Royal Mail they charge a £7 or £8 fee for processing the import duty.

Edited by verb