Why become a member? ×

Spector NS4 USA **SOLD**

Lee-Man

Hi Guy's, might be selling my US built Spector NS4, Premium Buckeye Burl Top, Walnut back fitted with EMG's. Comes with a Spector hardcase and all the case candy.

£1750, only trades I'd consider is another Sadowsky really.

Cheers
Lee

Edited by Lee-Man

Would you interesed in a USA Joe Osborn Lakland in Part Trade see below

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15516&hl=lakland"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=lakland[/url]

All the best,
Mick.

• 1 month later...

OMFG!

I've been searching for an NS4 for ages. Only local pickup, huh...

I seem to recognize it from Youtube. Are you the guy playing Jeff Berlin stuff? EDIT: Nevermind, different bloke, but with similar NS4.

I've always loved the sound of the NS5-XL, and I love the idea of a 4-string version. The walnut should add a nice mid presence.

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

Warwick were 'inspired' by Spector. The orginal basses of course being designed by furniture designer Ned Steinberger who shared woodworking space with at co-operative with Stuart Spector, hence the NS prefix.

They are very different basses to Warwicks, both are lovely.

[quote name='Lee-Man' post='257312' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:40 PM']Warwick were 'inspired' by Spector. The orginal basses of course being designed by furniture designer Ned Steinberger who shared woodworking space with at co-operative with Stuart Spector, hence the NS prefix.

They are very different basses to Warwicks, both are lovely.[/quote]
Yep, that is true.

On early Warwick Streamers (with the NS shape, mid 80's) it actually says something like "licensed by Stuart Spector/Ned Steinberger". So I guess at one point, Warwick DID pay to use the NS shape.

Oh, and BTW, what preamp is in this NS4? Boost only or boost/cut?

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='257377' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:49 PM']Yep, that is true.

On early Warwick Streamers (with the NS shape, mid 80's) it actually says something like "licensed by Stuart Spector/Ned Steinberger". So I guess at one point, Warwick DID pay to use the NS shape.

Oh, and BTW, what preamp is in this NS4? Boost only or boost/cut?[/quote]

Boost and cut mate

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='257576' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:51 PM']I can't convince you to ship the bass, perhaps?[/quote]

No sorry mate not for some thing of this value, how ever you can get a flight to east midlands airport cheap and pick it up :)