Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz Bass 3TS SOLD
£575

xzodar

Hi Guys

Reluctantly I'm [s]selling[/s] SOLD the last of my jazz necked bases. I have to face the fact that I'm just more comfortable on a slightly wider neck.

Picture of the bass are available at: [url="https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1G4TcsmuDIia"]https://www.icloud.c.../#A1G4TcsmuDIia[/url]

This is a completely standard MIM Roadworn Jazz in Sunburst finish. I added schaller strap locks which I will remove and re-fit the originally supplied strap buttons.

These basses really are all they are are talked up as. Great feeling, great sounding and resonant with a great 'old' bass look (assuming thats your thing.

I certainly do love the look and feel of this bass and am not really in any mad rush to sell, however I know it's just going to sit in a bag not being played apart from the occasional noodle which is a waste for such a lovely instrument.

I'd prefer a straight sale and ideally collection from North Bristol rather than shipping or will travel up to an hours drive from here to meet halfway and complete a deal if needed.

The bass will come in an old but functional gig bag that's surplus requirements.

Trade wise, I'd consider Yamaha BB1024X (or a 2024 and cash your way), Lakland 44 02, Squier Matt Freeman P (and cash my way) or possibly a nice German Warwick Corvette 4 string.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by xzodar

• 2 weeks later...

Bump and price drop to £550 collected for the New year. All trade options replied to - sorry nothing has taken my fancy to date. Postage is an option although a lack of hard case to ship in means that I ideally prefer collection or local meet up.

Thanks.

[quote name='xzodar' timestamp='1386962023' post='2306977']
Reluctantly I'm selling the last of my jazz necked bases. I have to face the fact that I'm just more comfortable on a slightly wider neck.
[/quote]

Perhaps you already considered this, but just putting it out there. If you love everything else about your bass, how about swapping the neck? I recently had the opposite problem: I have a Matt Freeman P but realised I prefer a slimmer neck; problem solved by installing a Jazz neck. It was an easy, straight swap.

It's a reasonable thought but getting a neck to match nicely in terms of the 'roadworn' look might be a challenge and I'm pretty sure the Roadworn P neck is 50's width which is the other extreme for me.

Still hoping for a sale really.

Edited by xzodar