Why become a member? ×

Wal bass case, mid 80's, chocolate brown fur lining etc. Fully functional and intact *WITHDRAWN*
£200

I try to sell things for what I believe they're worth not for what I can get for them, but I recently bought a Wal fretless that's going to need a bit of work and which was perhaps a little overpriced, so I did so with the intention of selling the case to pay for some of the work. £200 is ludicrous for a case but it appears to be ballpark for Wal cases on eBay. It's fur lined, chocolate brown leathery look, all latches and handle are working. It housed a mid-80's Mk1.

Pics on their way, dropping my iPhone and breaking the screen whilst taking pics of it earlier has no doubt added a few hundred quid to the overall cost of the Wal!

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1386435281' post='2300121']
dropping my iPhone and breaking the screen whilst taking pics of it earlier has no doubt added a few hundred quid to the overall cost of the Wal!
[/quote]

Chris, my wife recently dropped her iphone in a car park where a car ran over it and broke the screen.
She got a screen off ebay for under £15 complete with fitting tools and it's as good as new now.
Had to get a friend to fit it though - I wouldn't have a clue.

I can't help with the case - sold my Wal in '82.

Your north Wales adventure was short lived - all the best with the move.

Steve.

Thanks Steve/Nik, appreciate it. Re the Wal, you may have to hold your fire on the congrats until I've had some work done...

[attachment=150192:Wal Case 2.jpg]

But as you can see, the case is in very good condition by comparison :D

[attachment=150191:Wal Case.jpg]

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1386674371' post='2302837']
Very interesting indeed!

That's a fair price for the case by the way, Chris.. These very early ones do have a lot of kudos attached to them, hence their value.

GLWTS
[/quote]

Ha ha, I'm starting to suspect the case may have more cash value than the bass :D

Link to Wal thread here if anyone's interested [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/224386-waljazz-mongrel/unread/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/224386-waljazz-mongrel/unread/[/url]

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1386689171' post='2303115']
I'm wondering if this case would be a decent fit for my Pro 1, or is the interior moulded for the shape of the different models?
[/quote]

Hi Gary, it certainly looks like it should take any Wal model, as the lining appears to be something like a memory foam mattress! However I'd prefer that one of the Wal experts on here were able to say yes or no really as I don't have a Pro 1 to hand :)

Any ideas folks?

[attachment=150237:original.jpg] Hi Gary mac............I think it would fit a Pro 1 ok, back in the 80's I had an identical one for my fretless Mk 1 (gone... :( ) and remember the indentations in the foam were from the 5 knob model, but the outline was pretty much identical. Nice project Beedster, I've used this place on ebay[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wenge-Neck-Blank-Tonewood-Luthier-Guitar-/171188128092?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27db9b895c"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wenge-Neck-Blank-Tonewood-Luthier-Guitar-/171188128092?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27db9b895c[/url] for a wenge neck blank. As the top is bookmatched, you may be able to use one. Would Wal themselves be able to help you out with the electronics? I know you say you are not struck with the Wal sound but maybe a passive version would suit you and look original too?

Edited by rubis

Thanks Nik, had a lot of PMs about this case, mostly saying I'd be an idiot to sell it even if the Wal in question is something of a mongrel so the case is withdrawn for the time being whilst I work out what I'm going to do with its contents :)

C