Why become a member? ×

FS: Old Rumanian DB **SOLD**
£250

It's with a heavy heart that I sell this old thing. Uglier than the Leeds United team of the early 70's and about as subtle, it has does however posses a number of charms, not least of which is that for bluegrass and similar I'd guess it's pretty much unbeatable. It was the DB on which I started, and one that several people have fallen in love with for reasons I certainly can't explain (it is in fact known as 'The Beast' among my friends). It had a setup last year and had an adjustable bridge fitted.

We're moving back down to the south east and two DBs will be a luxury in terms of space that I simply can't afford so it has to go soonish. I'll stick some decent strings on for you also.

C

Edited by Beedster

A few more details, it's a biggish 3/4, flatback, E flat stop, ply construction, and built like a tank. It's loud and projects well, and having used it with a number of PUPs and mics it amplifies very well without significant feedback issues. It will need to be collected from me in or near Aber. At the price it's worth the journey.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1386374180' post='2299574']
Only surprising not to see Ian Dowie in that line-up

Ps, looks like a ridic bargain, Beedster. the bridge and strings make up half or more of your price. Someone have this fast
[/quote]

Interestingly The Beast's early 70's Leeds Utd credentials are good. We did a festival a few years back. I left The Beast on its side at the back of the stage, where in true Hunter/Bremner-esque fashion it tripped and upended the soundguy, very nearly breaking his ankle.

[attachment=150000:48964163_football_373992c.jpg]

Chris,

If I didn't already have something similar I'd buy it just 'cause it seems such a bargain!

Where in't South East are you headed? If it's Sussex way let me know and I'll try and hook you up with all sorts of musical folk.

Phil

Hi folks, many thanks for the comments (and Phil, thanks for the offer of contacts, we're moving back to our old stomping ground of Canterbury). The beast sold to a gentleman in - appropriately enough - Leeds within about 20 seconds of having been listed last night. I'll reply to PM's later when I'm back at home
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1386434239' post='2300105']
Bargain of the month!

Is it too wet for you in North Wales Chris?
[/quote]

Too far from home, friends and family Keith. Love it here but miss too much of the important things in life to stay

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1386437075' post='2300147']
Chris,

Well the only thing I know about the Canterbury music scene is this bunch: [url="http://www.folkinthebarn.co.uk"]http://www.folkinthebarn.co.uk[/url]

Might be worth getting in touch.

Phil
[/quote]

Thanks Phil, I've played with a few of the guys who gig there regularly. Canterbury's very folk at present :rolleyes: