Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Jive Bass, Burgundy Mist, Babicz Bridge.

paddybass

Just bought this from Barry at The Bass Centre. Its a Bass Collection Jive Bass and it is obviously a copy of a Fender Jazz, made in Korea for the Bass Centre. Check out their website as these are very reasonably priced at £329 (some offered for £299 in sale). They come in several different colours to emulate old Fender types but this Burgundy Mist (called Purple Haze by Bass Centre) is my favourite. I tried out several standard Jive Basses at the unit in Bagshot where Barry Moorhouse is now based and they all played very well straight out of the box and are excellent quality and finish. Logo snobs may switch off now but you're missing a trick here. I've been a pro Bassist for 35 years and had all sorts of Basses from budget to high end but this is already knocking the spots off any Jazz Bass I've owned. This has had a beauty of a Babicz Bridge added which makes it even nicer, (they will fit one for you) adds sustain and depth plus looks the dogs danglies!. EMG pickups have been installed as a trial but I was more than happy with the standard fitment pups and also vintage knobs instead of chrome. I also swapped the standard mint green pickguard for a tort one. The neck is typical slim Jazz type and feels so comfortable in Satin finish. Matching headstock is a nice touch too as with the Power Bass (Precision style). Bass Centre also do higher end Artist series Basses for Norman Watt-Roy, Bruce Thomas, Bill Wyman, Jaco and Leo Lyons so check them out at [url="http://www.basscentre.com"]www.basscentre.com[/url] .

Edited by paddybass