Why become a member? ×

iRig - too quiet?

Muzz

OK, soooo, in a bid to curry favour with SWMBO, I decided to to switch from using my Roland Bass Cube in the back bedroom (with headphones), to an iRig, but even with the full version of Amplitube, I cant get the thing up to any sort of useable volume. Tried several basses, and three different headphones, but all I get is low signal and lots of unwanted distortion. Tried the standard things like Input levels in the Settings, No Feedback, etc, etc - all useless.

Anyone else encountered this, and is there a cure, before the thing goes back for a refund?

Cheers,

M

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1385230910' post='2285923']
I've not had a problem with volume. What I will say, though, is that I have been pretty much underwhelmed by it. I use it with the GK app and I'm a long way from being ecstatically happy with the sound.
[/quote]

Did you try it with amplitube? If so, how was the volume with that?

Don't want to throw more money after bad if it ain't the app that's the problem.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1385234387' post='2285988']

Did you try it with amplitube? If so, how was the volume with that?

Don't want to throw more money after bad if it ain't the app that's the problem.
[/quote]

I can give it another go later on tonight. I don't remember being amazed by it when using the Amplitube app either.

I bought the iRig as I'm away from my normal toys for an extended period of time. I think the fact that I practise acoustically instead of using the iRig says a lot!

I've owned the irig, amp kit link and apogee jam. I have to say in retrospect the irig was pretty ineffective beyond opening the door to what was possible. Since throwing the money at the apogee jam I truly haven't looked back in terms of my phone and ipad as powerful creative tools. :)

Edited by gafbass02

I guess it sounds like I did it the right way and went Apogee Jam and Ampkit from the word go - I've never felt unhappy/underwhelmed with the sound and the Ashdown ABM emulator was well worth the few quid it cost to buy. The Jam interface comes with both an Apple 30pin and USB cables andworks beautifully with Garage Band so a win/win

Edited by DaytonaRik