Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SGC Nanyo SB310
£195

bassbiscuits

Now SOLD

Hi all,

Been half-heartedly trying to sell this for a while on Basschat but haven't been bumping it as I wasn't in any rush to shift it.

However I've now (January 2014) bought a Fender Modern Player Jazz so this one really does have to go!

Its a SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB310 bass from 1991/92. Loads about these basses on the various forums and they pop up fairly frequently for sale as good basses for not much money.

Japanese-built basses, Gotoh machine heads, 24-fret slim comfy neck. Slightly see through red finish. One noticeable chip on back of lower horn (about the size of my little finger nail, if that)

Very comfy lightweight bass which has seen me through a good few gigs.

Plenty of life left in the big jumbo frets, nicely set up with medium/low action and Rotosound 40-100 swingbass round wounds.

Active electronics; knobs are master vol, pickup blend, bass boost and treble boost.

[s]I don't have a case, gig bag or shipping box for this one, so collection or meeting up somewhere would be greatly preferred, though I can certainly try going on the scrounge for a box locally if its a deal breaker.[/s]

I have picked up a suitable cardboard bass guitar box courtesy of my local music shop, so can now post at buyers expense.

I'm in Leicester which is apparently quite close to lots of places if you do want pop in for proper cup of coffee and to collect it instead!

Edited by bassbiscuits

• 1 month later...

Sunday morning bump.

I've got a cardboard bass box sorted now so can arrange delivery at buyers expense.

My recently bought Modern Player Jazz has taken this one's place as "cool spare bass" in last few gigs so this one is going.

This is a hell of a lot of bass for £165 and one that I've done a lot of good gigs with!