Why become a member? ×

Close to OD/Distortion pedal

michinho

Ok after my last post and after some more research I think I know what pedals I may have narrowed my search down too.

Looking for that grindy, edgey Distortion, but musical and articulate at the same time. If that made any sense?

Think of some RATM, Rush, some Killers (Jenny was a friend of mine etc) some Kings of Leon (Pony Up, Supersoaker etc) some Strokes (Juicebox, Heart in a cage etc) some Cribs (Men's needs etc) some Arctic Monkeys.

You get what I mean. Like I said "grindy" with an emphasiss in the mid-range (I think?)

Anyway, Here are the pedals I think will get me there. Let me know if i'm wrong or if there are any others to consider!

JHS Lo Drive
Hardwire CM-2
Marshall Guvnor
Ruzzrocious Rat Tail

Remember blending is an option with a blend type pedal (LS-2 etc) so let me know if any of them or any others you suggest requires one.

I'm playing through a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 into a Focus 4x10T cab.

Let me know what you think guys!

If you like the Fuzzrocious stuff, whilst the Rat-Tail can do low gain, it shines on high-gain. I'd look at the BDPG, Demon or Dark Driving.
Xotic BB Pre does a real nice low-gain.
The first Guv'nor is cool on bass, supposedly what Timmy used on the first RATM album, 2nd Guvnor....I've not tried.
Catalinbread SFT also gets a fair mention from many people.

Theres a LOT out there, your ears are very different to everyone elses, so just experiment with as many as you can :)

Si