Why become a member? ×

Barefaced compacts?

Pinball

G1 - 15 inch speaker, plastic corners
G2 - as g1 but lighter (revised bracing) metal corners,
G3 - redesigned. all New drivers 12 inches, new smaller box design, New handles, feet and grilles

I think that's the main points. Used to own a few g2 compacts and really enjoyed them.

Alex is best person to email (barefaced) if you have queries on theit range.

Edited by Salt on your Bass?

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1384759915' post='2280262']
G1 - 15 inch speaker, plastic corners
G2 - as g1 but lighter (revised bracing) metal corners,
G3 - redesigned. all New drivers 12 inches, new smaller box design, New handles, feet and grilles[/quote]

That's my understanding too, although I'm fairly sure that there were some other alterations/updates made "on the hoof" as it were - particularly between G1 and G2.

I also think that one speakon input is "standard" but an extra one can be added as an option.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1384764305' post='2280297']
That's my understanding too, although I'm fairly sure that there were some other alterations/updates made "on the hoof" as it were - particularly between G1 and G2.

I also think that one speakon input is "standard" but an extra one can be added as an option.
[/quote]

I recieved a two speakon G2 with cloth without requesting it . . .
I'd imagine it's easier to cut all the cab panels the same - So for each build run they're probably consistant.

Even though the G2 speakon and screws aren't flush - they only protrude a little and are as solid as the rest of the rugged cab.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1384802638' post='2280939']
If you buy new I suspect you'll only be able to get a Gen3, if you look around second hand, try to find a Gen2 in my opinion
[/quote]

:lol:

Sorry - in-joke between Pinball and myself! ;)

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this thread, so let me try to help!

[quote name='basswesty' timestamp='1385186747' post='2285401']I had a G1 and a G3. Both great but I preferred the sound of the G1, I remember it being warmer.[/quote]

You didn't have a G3. The G3 is a completely different model, the Super Compact, which only came out in Sept 2013. If you preferred the sound of your first Compact to your second Compact then you preferred the amp you were using with the first one or your memory is failing you. ;)

Some Barefaced history:

Generation One models: Compact (1x15HO), Big One (15LF+6.5), Vintage (2x15HO), Big One T (15LF+6.5+tweeter)

Generation Two models: Midget (1x12HO), Midget T (1x12HO+tweeter) Super Twelve (2x12HO), Super Twelve T (2x12+tweeter), Big Baby (12LF+6.5), Big Baby T (12LF+6.5+tweeter), Big Twin (2x12LF+6.5), Big Twin T (2x12LF+6.5+tweeter), Super Fifteen (2x15HO), Dubster (2x15LF)

Generation 2.5: Original '69er (6x10")

Generation Three models: Super Midget (12XN550+tweeter), Super Compact (1x12XN550), Super Twin (2x12XN550), Big Baby 2 (12XN550+HF driver), Big Twin 2 (2x12XN550+HF driver), updated Retro '69er (6x10), Retro 215 (2x15 - not launched yet!)

There have been various versions of each model - the earliest G1 models had plastic corners and heavier ply, then metal corners and lighter dual-density ply. The G2 models all had metal corners, but the earlier ones were made by carpenters, the later ones cut by CNC and made in-house. The later G1 Compacts were also made by CNC in-house, the other G1 models had been discontinued by this point. There have been various other tweaks over time, bracing, damping, cosmetics etc.

The Generation Three cabs are all new, based around a new 12" driver which we spent over two years developing, and in my opinion are quantifiably the best bass cabs ever made. They are clean sheet designs, from the ground up, building on the knowledge, expertise, experience and feedback gleaned over the last five years since Barefaced began. I believe they represent as large a leap forwards vs our previous models as our previous models were vs other bass cabs of their era. The only problem right now is we're so busy building them that we don't have enough time to tell everyone about how incredible they are!

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1385198136' post='2285460']
There seems to be a lot of confusion on this thread, so let me try to help!

You didn't have a G3. The G3 is a completely different model, the Super Compact, which only came out in Sept 2013. If you preferred the sound of your first Compact to your second Compact then you preferred the amp you were using with the first one or your memory is failing you. ;)

Some Barefaced history:

Generation One models: Compact (1x15HO), Big One (15LF+6.5), Vintage (2x15HO), Big One T (15LF+6.5+tweeter)

Generation Two models: Midget (1x12HO), Midget T (1x12HO+tweeter) Super Twelve (2x12HO), Super Twelve T (2x12+tweeter), Big Baby (12LF+6.5), Big Baby T (12LF+6.5+tweeter), Big Twin (2x12LF+6.5), Big Twin T (2x12LF+6.5+tweeter), Super Fifteen (2x15HO), Dubster (2x15LF)

Generation 2.5: Original '69er (6x10")

Generation Three models: Super Midget (12XN550+tweeter), Super Compact (1x12XN550), Super Twin (2x12XN550), Big Baby 2 (12XN550+HF driver), Big Twin 2 (2x12XN550+HF driver), updated Retro '69er (6x10), Retro 215 (2x15 - not launched yet!)

There have been various versions of each model - the earliest G1 models had plastic corners and heavier ply, then metal corners and lighter dual-density ply. The G2 models all had metal corners, but the earlier ones were made by carpenters, the later ones cut by CNC and made in-house. The later G1 Compacts were also made by CNC in-house, the other G1 models had been discontinued by this point. There have been various other tweaks over time, bracing, damping, cosmetics etc.

The Generation Three cabs are all new, based around a new 12" driver which we spent over two years developing, and in my opinion are quantifiably the best bass cabs ever made. They are clean sheet designs, from the ground up, building on the knowledge, expertise, experience and feedback gleaned over the last five years since Barefaced began. I believe they represent as large a leap forwards vs our previous models as our previous models were vs other bass cabs of their era. The only problem right now is we're so busy building them that we don't have enough time to tell everyone about how incredible they are!
[/quote]

Cheers Alex. What's different about the G3 '69er?