Why become a member? ×

finally used slap in a song

throwoff

Well tonight's rehearsal was a blast. The two tracks we had now sound done. And out of nowhere we got 2 more complete just need practice and lyrics. Plus we managed to two more bits of something to work on next week.

Plus, and this is the big one! -

Finally used slap in a song.. which scares me a little. We are already a punk rock band with two virtuoso guitarists and now slap bass...

Fun times. Revisiting the punk rock sound of our youth with some actual musical ability from our advancing years is turning out to be very fruitful

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1384387564' post='2276231']
Finally used slap in a song.. which scares me a little.
[/quote]

I'm sorry that doesn't count unless you go to a music shop on a Saturday afternoon and play your slap riff on 20 expensive basses, none of which you are willing or able to buy ;)

But really, well done :drinks: , I've managed to get through 13 years of bass playing without any public slapping!

I say Punk rock, it is certainly more on the modern side than the Pistols et al. OI OI style of punk!

We are really lucky though in that we have two such good guitarists, although this project clearly has the DNA of punk rock it is already much more 'musical' than anything I have done before.

One guitarist is a 1st class honors music theory grad who mostly spends his time on the dreaded 'Jazz'(!) and the other is a real old school blues player who is again incredibly competent at his craft.

When they go off on one about sus7 diminished 9ths etc I just blank them out and talk to the drummer about tits.